    saved a picture as wallpaper via IE6 but now I can't find the Set wallpaper
    screen in Properties. Where can i control this from? It's driving me crazy
    I've done it a million times but can't get rid of this picture. BTW XP.

    Chris, Oct 15, 2005

  2. Chris

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:16:14 +0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:

    >Normally I don't have any wallpaper on my desktop, just a blue screen. I
    >saved a picture as wallpaper via IE6 but now I can't find the Set wallpaper
    >screen in Properties. Where can i control this from? It's driving me crazy
    >I've done it a million times but can't get rid of this picture. BTW XP.

    I really can't be bothered setting up the new firewall to allow remote
    control to my XP box just now, it's most likely going to be faster if
    you did -

    1) Start | Help and Support
    or
    2) Control Panel | Display
    or
    3) right click on the background | Properties

    For 2 and 3 it's the Desktop tab, 1 requires to to search for background
    or wallpaper or desktop

    4) Use IE again to set another picture, press F1 for Help | on the Index
    tab , search for wallpaper.

    Me

    why?, Oct 15, 2005

  3. Chris

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > Normally I don't have any wallpaper on my desktop, just a blue
    > screen. I saved a picture as wallpaper via IE6 but now I can't find
    > the Set wallpaper screen in Properties. Where can i control this
    > from? It's driving me crazy I've done it a million times but can't
    > get rid of this picture. BTW XP.

    Right-click a blank spot on the desktop, select properties. Click on
    desktop. Scroll to the very top of the list of backgrounds and select None.

    If, on the other hand, you've set it up as web content, that won't work.
    You'd click on desktop, customize, web tab, remove the checkmark in front of
    the web item, and then click delete.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 15, 2005