    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Mygatewayhere ? will this cause any problems?
    Thanks
    , Aug 16, 2005

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Merv Guest

    One of the useful techniques when making changes to remote routers that
    may cause loss of connectivity is to use the "reload in xxx" command
    where xxx is the number of minutes before the router reloads itself.

    so the general approach is

    1. reload in 5

    2. make config change

    3. if loss of connectivity occurs, wait until reouter reloads itself.

    4. if loss of connectivity does not occur, test changes, then do wri mem
    Merv, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Fwed Guest

    > so the general approach is
    >
    > 1. reload in 5
    >
    > 2. make config change
    >
    > 3. if loss of connectivity occurs, wait until reouter reloads itself.
    >
    > 4. if loss of connectivity does not occur, test changes, then do wri mem

    Good idea ! :)

    But when the router reload, it do not keep the last command ? (i don't
    remember :)
    Fwed, Aug 18, 2005
  5. Guest

    not a bad idea but i think i will do the tftp approace. I though i
    could have the two ips on one interface and just set the default route
    to the interface rather than an ip. but my test havent worked that well
    adding a second ip in a diferent subnet so i will tftp the config
    modify the ip and send it when the time is right.
    , Aug 18, 2005