    It wants to boot from the HD, which I do not understand since I have change
    the options on the BIOS and re-check it serveral times. Can anyone HELP,
    please!
    TXPRince, Feb 12, 2005

  2. TXPRince

    williams8080 Guest

    Check the jumper on the CDROM drive... make sure it's the secondary master,
    and make sure it's set up as the secondary master in the bios. I ran into
    the same problem and this fixed it for me...

    good luck!

    williams8080, Feb 12, 2005

  3. TXPRince

    Phil Guest

    I had the same problem the other day. I took a CDROM drive that wouldnt
    boot a Windows Server CD on a POS computer and then put it in another
    computer. It then booted. So a guess might be to make sure your BIOS is
    up to date. Once it worked on another computer I didnt try to mess with
    the POS. Phil
    Phil, Feb 12, 2005
  4. TXPRince

    John Holmes Guest

    "williams8080" <> wrote in

    > "TXPRince" <> wrote in message
    >> Good To All;
    >>
    >> Not sure if anyone can help....I am trying to set up a computer and I
    >> think I have tried everything. I am trying to set up XP on a old
    >> computer, PIII 733, 256 megs memory, 40 gig HD.
    >>
    >> I changed the Boot up options on the BIOS, to "Boot from CD ROM", and
    >> nothing, I have change out the CD ROM three times with the same
    >> results. I changed out the video card, change out the memory and
    >> still nothing. I have went old school and put in bootdisk in the
    >> floppy drive and still nothing. It wants to boot from the HD, which I
    >> do not understand since I have change the options on the BIOS and
    >> re-check it serveral times. Can anyone HELP, please!

    <topposting corrected>

    >Check the jumper on the CDROM drive... make sure it's the secondary
    >master,
    >and make sure it's set up as the secondary master in the bios. I ran into
    >the same problem and this fixed it for me...

    >good luck!

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
    You irrational bunch of fermenting hippo vomit.
    What if the CD drive is connected to the primary IDE channel as slave, you
    fucktard?

    --
    It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch...
    John Holmes, Feb 12, 2005
  5. TXPRince

    Phil Guest

    What if...?
    Phil, Feb 12, 2005
  6. TXPRince

    John Holmes Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in news:1108248114.727074.72570
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > What if...?

    Yes.

    --
    - John Holmes -

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."
    John Holmes, Feb 12, 2005
  7. TXPRince

    Aquanaut Guest

    "TXPRince" <> wrote in message
    > Good To All;
    >
    > Not sure if anyone can help....I am trying to set up a computer and I
    > think I have tried everything. I am trying to set up XP on a old
    > computer, PIII 733, 256 megs memory, 40 gig HD.
    >
    > I changed the Boot up options on the BIOS, to "Boot from CD ROM", and
    > nothing, I have change out the CD ROM three times with the same results.
    > I changed out the video card, change out the memory and still nothing. I
    > have went old school and put in bootdisk in the floppy drive and still
    > nothing. It wants to boot from the HD, which I do not understand since I
    > have change the options on the BIOS and re-check it serveral times. Can
    > anyone HELP, please!

    make sure the cd rom is set to master and at the top of the cable,if you
    have another drive on the same cable ensure it is set to slave.it does not
    matter if it is on the primary ide channel or not.
    etc.
    insert cd into drive ,reboot and all should be good.
    Aquanaut, Feb 12, 2005