    too much on it. I hope someone give me some advice that
    how I can set up economical practising pcs at home.
    Thanks,
    ching, Oct 21, 2003

  2. ching

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > I am studying MCSE now and I want to set up pcs for
    > practising at home. My economics don't allow me to pay
    > too much on it. I hope someone give me some advice that
    > how I can set up economical practising pcs at home.

    VMWare is a good product. It creates virtual computers, which can be
    virtually networked. So it's like having a full-blown network with just one
    PC. Personally, I have never used it, but it's reccommended by many.

    --

    KB

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 21, 2003

  3. ching

    EJ Guest

    "ching"
    > I am studying MCSE now and I want to set up pcs for
    > practising at home. My economics don't allow me to pay
    > too much on it. I hope someone give me some advice that
    > how I can set up economical practising pcs at home.
    > Thanks,

    You can try and convince some friends to join you and come over with their
    computers, or you can try and have multiple clients running on one computer
    using virtual machines ( http://www.vmware.com ) and then network them..

    If you have the time (I don't know how far you are in life), the best thing
    is to find a small company in your area and apply for an internship. You can
    get a little hands-on experience and a potential future employer..
    EJ, Oct 21, 2003
  4. ching

    Bay Guest

    Are you working now? Maybe you can check with your boss whether he could
    loan your a computer or give out an old computer to setup your own lab?
    That's what I did. My boss gave me an old computer that just meets the
    minimum hardware requirement to install windows server 2000 and I hooked it
    up with my retired Dell computer which is running 233Mhz. My boss is happy
    about it too because he could get rid of the old computer from the inventory
    because he can't sell the old PC and Goodwill won't take it becoz they said
    it is too old.

    Bay, Oct 21, 2003
  5. ching

    Guest Guest

    Thanks, EJ. I appreciate your very good advice. I just
    graduated from graduate school in CS and I got whole
    scholarship on MCSE. I have no a lot of experice on
    Network. I think intership or volunteer is the best way
    for me to get my foot in IT.
    Thanks again.

    Guest, Oct 21, 2003
  6. ching

    Guest Guest

    Thanks, Bay. I am not working now. I just graduated from
    school. I am applying job now, but it seem not easy.
    I am still confidence on IT area.

    Guest, Oct 21, 2003