    router that i has to set up. How to be able behaviour to set up manually the
    hardware clock on the router.

    Thanks

    Charlie, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Charlie

    Jeff C Guest

    "Charlie" <> wrote in
    news:sZFqd.424370$:

    > I was set up a Cisco router 1760 with Cisco IOS Software
    > (C1700-K903SY7-M) Version 12.3 ( 2 )XE( Fc1 ).
    >
    > I succeed to set up correctly the Time Zone, the Summer Time and the
    > Software Clock, but to every reboot of the router the configuration of
    > the software clock comes lost. In accordance with the manual of the
    > version IOS 12.2 have to set up the hardware clock with the command
    > "calendar set hh:mm:ss day month year" but i doesn't find this command
    > on the IOS of the router that i has to set up. How to be able
    > behaviour to set up manually the hardware clock on the router.
    >

    > Thanks

    Not all routers that can run 12.2 code have a "calendar". I found this
    command is configured from privileged-exec mode not config mode. If your
    router can not use this command look into using NTP. This will synch the
    local clock to an external source over IP.

    -Jeff C

    Jeff C, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    Thanks Jeff
    but my router works among two lan and is not possible to connect to internet
    to have a ntp server, I am able only shape manually the hardware clock. I
    have looked for is in exec mode that in privileged execmode and in
    configuration global mode but i not have found some commands that allowed me
    to change the hardware clock manually.

    Charlie, Dec 1, 2004
  4. Charlie

    mh Guest

    you to not have to connect to the Internet to have an NTP server

    There are a number of products that provide NTP server functionality
    on Windows based platforms. They do not have the same accuracty as a
    Stratum 2 clock but they would suffice for you need.

    for an example see http://www.unchanged.net/Software/SNTP/

    mh, Dec 1, 2004