    Alan Huckerby
    --
    Alan
    Alan, Jun 26, 2008

  2. Alan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    Alan <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
    : Hi,
    :
    : Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the
    : same VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up
    : information you used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite
    : recommending the kit!

    Well I've done it with the Sipura SPA2000 which I gather is the same
    device in different clothing. Who is your VoIP supplier..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 26, 2008

  3. Alan

    Alan Guest

    In message <>, Ivor Jones
    <> writes
    >In news:,
    >Alan <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
    >: Hi,
    >:
    >: Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the
    >: same VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up
    >: information you used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite
    >: recommending the kit!
    >
    >Well I've done it with the Sipura SPA2000 which I gather is the same
    >device in different clothing. Who is your VoIP supplier..?

    Hi Ivor,
    So what settings did you use? My supplier is Orbtalk.
    --
    Alan
    Alan, Jun 26, 2008
  4. Alan

    PAJ Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:27:13 +0100, Alan <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the same
    >VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up information you
    >used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite recommending the kit!

    Yes, I have.
    My PAP2T and SPA2102 are sitting idle right now as I have replaced them
    with a Siemens Gigaset C475IP.
    I can look at the settings but nothing was done out of the ordinary
    apart from specifying a different sip port for each line (I think they
    were 5061 and 5062).
    PAJ, Jun 26, 2008
  5. Alan

    bin me Guest

    In message <>, PAJ
    <> writes
    >On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:27:13 +0100, Alan <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the same
    >>VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up information you
    >>used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite recommending the kit!

    >Yes, I have.
    >My PAP2T and SPA2102 are sitting idle right now as I have replaced them
    >with a Siemens Gigaset C475IP.
    >I can look at the settings but nothing was done out of the ordinary
    >apart from specifying a different sip port for each line (I think they
    >were 5061 and 5062).

    Thanks, mine are currently both 5060 at the suppliers request. I will
    email them to suggest different ports and see what they say.

    Thank you.

    Regards
    Alan
    --
    Alan
    bin me, Jun 26, 2008
  6. Alan

    PAJ Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:19:29 +0100, bin me <> wrote:

    >In message <>, PAJ
    ><> writes
    >>On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:27:13 +0100, Alan <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Anyone set up a Linksys PAP2T ATA for 2 independent lines with the same
    >>>VOIP supplier? If so I would like to know the set-up information you
    >>>used. My VOIP supplier can't help - despite recommending the kit!

    >>Yes, I have.
    >>My PAP2T and SPA2102 are sitting idle right now as I have replaced them
    >>with a Siemens Gigaset C475IP.
    >>I can look at the settings but nothing was done out of the ordinary
    >>apart from specifying a different sip port for each line (I think they
    >>were 5061 and 5062).

    >Thanks, mine are currently both 5060 at the suppliers request. I will
    >email them to suggest different ports and see what they say.
    >
    >Thank you.

    NP.

    I was nearly correct (5060 & 5061) ;)

    I was using Sipgate for both lines.
    Settings for both are below (password and ID have been modified):

    Display Name: Sipgate1
    Proxy: sipgate.co.uk
    User ID: My-SIP-ID1
    Password: My-SIP-Password1
    Auth ID: My-SIP-ID1
    Use Auth ID: Yes
    Register: Yes
    SIP Port: 5060

    Display Name: Sipgate2
    Proxy: sipgate.co.uk
    User ID: My-SIP-ID2
    Password: My-SIP-Password2
    Auth ID: My-SIP-ID2
    Use Auth ID: Yes
    Register: Yes
    SIP Port: 5061

    Obviously I had set the router/firewall to forward both ports.
    Only other changes I made were in 'Regional' to get UK dial tones etc
    (details were found in this group a long time ago).
    PAJ, Jun 26, 2008
  7. Alan

    Iain Guest

    bin me wrote:

    > Thanks, mine are currently both 5060 at the suppliers request. I will
    > email them to suggest different ports and see what they say.

    No matter what they say, you need them to be in different ports. It
    doesn't matter too much, but 5060 and 5061 would do, as would 5068 and
    5069 or anything in between.

    If they're both on the same port and the same IP address I can't imagine
    how they could both work. Don't know what your suppliers were thinking
    of recommending that!
    Iain, Jun 26, 2008
  8. Alan

    bin me Guest

    In message <>, PAJ
    <> writes
    >On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:19:29 +0100, bin me <> wrote:
    >
    >>In message <>, PAJ
    >><> writes

    >>>Yes, I have.
    >>>My PAP2T and SPA2102 are sitting idle right now as I have replaced them
    >>>with a Siemens Gigaset C475IP.
    >>>I can look at the settings but nothing was done out of the ordinary
    >>>apart from specifying a different sip port for each line (I think they
    >>>were 5061 and 5062).

    >>Thanks, mine are currently both 5060 at the suppliers request. I will
    >>email them to suggest different ports and see what they say.
    >>
    >>Thank you.

    >NP.
    >
    >I was nearly correct (5060 & 5061) ;)
    >
    >I was using Sipgate for both lines.
    >Settings for both are below (password and ID have been modified):
    >
    >Display Name: Sipgate1
    >Proxy: sipgate.co.uk
    >User ID: My-SIP-ID1
    >Password: My-SIP-Password1
    >Auth ID: My-SIP-ID1
    >Use Auth ID: Yes
    >Register: Yes
    >SIP Port: 5060
    >
    >Display Name: Sipgate2
    >Proxy: sipgate.co.uk
    >User ID: My-SIP-ID2
    >Password: My-SIP-Password2
    >Auth ID: My-SIP-ID2
    >Use Auth ID: Yes
    >Register: Yes
    >SIP Port: 5061
    >
    >Obviously I had set the router/firewall to forward both ports.
    >Only other changes I made were in 'Regional' to get UK dial tones etc
    >(details were found in this group a long time ago).

    Paj and Iain,

    Thank you both for your helpful posts. I can now say the problem has
    been resolved - just tested it and it seems OK at the moment. Maybe I
    need to tweak a few settings after gaining some experience with the kit.

    In my case Orbtalk set-up another account with a separate ID for the
    second line - which seems OK, and yes the second line was on port 5061!

    Thank you both again,

    Alan
    --
    Alan