    going round in circles using Help. If there's an (idiot-proof) guide
    somewhere, that would be great. I'm using McAfee firewall on them both.

    Many thanks.

    Bagheera, Feb 23, 2009

  2. These how to may help.
    How to enable windows sharing
    Domain network sharing - Macintosh file sharing ... Sharing Printers
    and Files over a private network · Internet access sharing. Remote Access
    www.howtonetworking.com/Networking/enablesharing0.htm

    How to share files or a folder in Vista
    How to share files or a folder on Windows Vista. Beside Public
    folder sharing, you can share ... In the File Sharing dialog box, do one of
    the following: ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/vista/sharingfolders.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Feb 23, 2009

  3. Bagheera

    Bagheera Guest

    Many thanks. This looks exactly like what I need. Now I just to have to wait
    for the other laptop to return from its travels for the day.

    Bagheera, Feb 23, 2009