Set trunk command on CAT Os 8.4

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Techno_Guy, Jan 19, 2010.

  1. Techno_Guy

    Techno_Guy Guest

    I am trying to configure vlan access on a 6506 to a specific port. The
    network connects multiple buildings in a campus network using 6500
    series switches in each building across fiber connections to each
    switch Each switch has a trunk port and the distribution layer
    switches do inter-vlan routing.

    The distribution layer resides in building 1
    In building 2 I have another 6500 who's native vlan in 123
    In building 3 I also have a 6506 whos native vlan is 456

    Trunking is configured on all switches with dot1q. The 6506 in
    building 3 has 5 rj21 ethernet modules in it. Module 1 port 7 is setup
    using
    The command
    set vlan 123 1/7
    set trunk dot1q on 123,456

    on module 5 of the same switch i see that it says clear trunk
    123,789,1010

    I can ping the host in bldg 2 on vlan123 that I am trying to access
    from the switch interface so I know trunking is working and I also
    know that inter-vlan routing is working as well. However, I cant
    access host in the 123 vlan from the switch in bldg 3. I also cannot
    access my dhcp servers or anyother vlans when I configure any port on
    the switch to be on the 123 vlan.

    I am wondering if the clear trunk on module 5 is causing an issue.
    Anybody have any thoughts on why I cant access any network resource
    while on the 123 vlan? It has been about 3 years since I have used CAT
    OS. I am a little stumped. i just started this position so it would be
    nice to be able to get it figured out.

    Thanks for your help in advance.

    Techno_Guy, Jan 19, 2010