    Or ma I missing something?
    Regards
    Al Blake, Canberra, Australia

    Al Blake, Oct 11, 2004

  2. In order to create GPOs with WPA settings you will need a hotfix for your
    Server 2003. The KB article is
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811233

    For your clients to implement at WPA group policy they will need to have the
    WPA updates and hardware that supports WPA as well.

    Specifically you will be able to create a GPO that does either TKIP or AES
    on your WPA policy. However wireless group policy does not support WPA-PSK.

    --
    Joshua
    [MSFT]

    "Al Blake" <> wrote in message
    We are using PEAP-TLS to authenticate our WLAN clients. We setup the XP SP2
    clients using a GPO using the new 'Wireless' seetings under security.
    It all works fine except it only seems possible to specify WEP as the
    encryption in the GPO.
    Is this correct?
    If I look on the XP SP2 client itself the network interface allows me to
    choose:
    Network auth: open/shared/wpa

    if I choose wpa I can then choose TKIP for the encryption.
    Now why arent those settings in the GPO?
    I thought the whole point was to be able to do this automatically. Why
    doesnt the new SP2 GPO support TKIP.

    Joshua Teague [MSFT], Oct 13, 2004

  3. Al Blake

    Al Blake Guest

    Thanks Joshua,
    I'll pick up the hotfix and check it out.
    Al.

    Al Blake, Oct 16, 2004
  4. Al Blake

    Al Blake Guest

    Joshua,
    I picked up the hotfix but I dont think it does what is is supposed to :(
    even with the hotfix installed on my ADC it is still not possible to set
    WPA/TKIP settings in a GPO under
    Computer
    Windows Settings
    Security
    Wireless Networking

    Have I missed something?

    > In order to create GPOs with WPA settings you will need a hotfix for your
    > Server 2003. The KB article is
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811233
    >

    > For your clients to implement at WPA group policy they will need to have

    the
    > WPA updates and hardware that supports WPA as well.
    >

    > Specifically you will be able to create a GPO that does either TKIP or AES
    > on your WPA policy. However wireless group policy does not support

    WPA-PSK.

    > --
    > Joshua
    > [MSFT]

    rights.

    Al Blake, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Can you not do WPA at all or can you just not do WPA with TKIP?

    --
    Joshua
    [MSFT]

    > In order to create GPOs with WPA settings you will need a hotfix for your
    > Server 2003. The KB article is
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811233
    >

    > For your clients to implement at WPA group policy they will need to have

    the
    > WPA updates and hardware that supports WPA as well.
    >

    > Specifically you will be able to create a GPO that does either TKIP or AES
    > on your WPA policy. However wireless group policy does not support

    WPA-PSK.

    > --
    > Joshua
    > [MSFT]