Set SSID to establish a connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by PheNiX, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. PheNiX

    PheNiX Guest

    Hi everyone!

    I've a strange problem trying to associate my device to an SSID
    programmatically. I'm working with embedded C++ 4.0 and I have an iPAQ
    hx2410. The problem is that when I set the SSID, the other settings
    (OID_802_11_INFRASTRUCTURE_MODE, OID_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_MODE,
    OID_802_11_ENCRYPTION_STATUS) are set back to the value they had with
    the previous SSID that it was connected to about 1 second after the
    command is executed. The SSID is also set back to the old value. But if
    I call my function 8 times or more with a little delay between the
    calls (ex: 0.5 sec), the connection will be successful. I really don't
    understand why I have this problem...

    Here's what I'm doing:

    set OID_802_11_INFRASTRUCTURE_MODE;
    set OID_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_MODE;