Set message subject here ...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by newsleecher@spam.com, Dec 19, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Dec 19, 2007

  2. Moldy Cheese Guest

    "" wrote:

    > --
    > --------------------------------- --- -- -
    > Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
    > Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
    > ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

    The subject is cheese, please discuss.
    Moldy Cheese, Dec 20, 2007

  3. TJ Guest

    Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    Moldy Cheese <> wrote in

    > The subject is cheese, please discuss.

    It wasn't, but I took the liberty of fixing it for you. :)

    Sorry, but I'm not much for cheese of any kind unless it comes in the form
    of cake. If that's the case, I'm a big fan of both the edible and
    photographic varieties.
    TJ, Dec 20, 2007
  4. olfart Guest

    Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > Moldy Cheese <> wrote in
    >
    >> The subject is cheese, please discuss.

    > It wasn't, but I took the liberty of fixing it for you. :)
    >
    > Sorry, but I'm not much for cheese of any kind unless it comes in the form
    > of cake. If that's the case, I'm a big fan of both the edible and
    > photographic varieties.

    Limburger......YUM
    olfart, Dec 20, 2007
  5. TJ Guest

    Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    "olfart" <> wrote in

    > "TJ" <> wrote in message
    >> Moldy Cheese <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> The subject is cheese, please discuss.

    >> It wasn't, but I took the liberty of fixing it for you. :)
    >>
    >> Sorry, but I'm not much for cheese of any kind unless it comes in the
    >> form of cake. If that's the case, I'm a big fan of both the edible
    >> and photographic varieties.

    > Limburger......YUM

    I can't get past the smell. :)

    But I *will* retract my last comment. There's an hor'dourve my sister-in-
    law makes containing cheese that I enjoy. She does this thing where she
    somehow rolls up a pickle in cream cheese and ham, then slices it into
    bite-size servings. I can eat a ton of those. But then, I guess since
    it's cream cheese, and cheesecake is made primarily from cream cheese, I
    suppose my taste for cheese remains limited.
    TJ, Dec 20, 2007
  6. richard Guest

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:32:00 -0600, TJ <> wrote:

    >Moldy Cheese <> wrote in
    >
    >> The subject is cheese, please discuss.

    >It wasn't, but I took the liberty of fixing it for you. :)
    >
    >Sorry, but I'm not much for cheese of any kind unless it comes in the form
    >of cake. If that's the case, I'm a big fan of both the edible and
    >photographic varieties.

    The one offered by IE/OE?
    Simple. Find the folder named "messenger" and rename it to
    "nomessenger".
    Since either can't find the proper folder now, they assume it's been
    removed.
    Beats trying to uninstall it.
    richard, Dec 20, 2007
  7. TJ Guest

    Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    richard <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:32:00 -0600, TJ <> wrote:
    >
    >>Moldy Cheese <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> The subject is cheese, please discuss.

    >>It wasn't, but I took the liberty of fixing it for you. :)
    >>
    >>Sorry, but I'm not much for cheese of any kind unless it comes in the
    >>form of cake. If that's the case, I'm a big fan of both the edible
    >>and photographic varieties.

    > The one offered by IE/OE?

    IE/OE offers cheese?

    > Simple. Find the folder named "messenger" and rename it to
    > "nomessenger".

    And that will make IE/OE dispense cheese?

    > Since either can't find the proper folder now, they assume it's been
    > removed.

    Oh. So somebody *stole* the cheese?

    > Beats trying to uninstall it.

    Yes. I suppose I'd rather have somebody steal the cheese as opposed to
    having to uninstall it myself. That can get messy.

    ROFL

    They don't call you Richard "the stupid" Bullis for nuthin', do they?
    TJ, Dec 20, 2007
  8. Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:46:30 -0600, TJ wrote:

    > There's an hor'dourve my sister-in-
    > law makes containing cheese that I enjoy.

    That's 'hors d'oeuvre', pronounced 'ordoov', the 'r' in the word is
    completely or almost silent and comes after the 'v' (not, as many
    Americans mispronounce it, 'ordurv').

    HTH.
    Aardvark, Dec 20, 2007
  9. Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    Aardvark wrote:

    > TJ wrote:
    >> There's an hor'dourve my sister-in- law makes containing cheese that
    >> I enjoy.

    > That's 'hors d'oeuvre', pronounced 'ordoov', the 'r' in the word is
    > completely or almost silent and comes after the 'v' (not, as many
    > Americans mispronounce it, 'ordurv').

    I once heard an American redneck at a party ask, "Ya got any a them
    whores dee ovaries?"

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 20, 2007
  10. TJ Guest

    Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> TJ wrote:
    >>> There's an hor'dourve my sister-in-law makes containing cheese that
    >>> I enjoy.

    >> That's 'hors d'oeuvre', pronounced 'ordoov', the 'r' in the word is
    >> completely or almost silent and comes after the 'v' (not, as many
    >> Americans mispronounce it, 'ordurv').

    > I once heard an American redneck at a party ask, "Ya got any a them
    > whores dee ovaries?"

    Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 729 for hor'dourve. (0.05 seconds)

    Guess I'm not the only one who needs to brush-up on French. :)
    TJ, Dec 20, 2007
  11. Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    TJ wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Aardvark wrote:
    >>>
    >>> That's 'hors d'oeuvre', pronounced 'ordoov', the 'r' in the word is
    >>> completely or almost silent and comes after the 'v' (not, as many
    >>> Americans mispronounce it, 'ordurv').

    >> I once heard an American redneck at a party ask, "Ya got any a them
    >> whores dee ovaries?"

    > Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 729 for hor'dourve. (0.05 seconds)

    Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 743 for whores dee ovaries. (0.26
    seconds)

    > Guess I'm not the only one who needs to brush-up on French. :)

    Indeed!

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 20, 2007
  12. TJ Guest

    > TJ wrote:

    >>> I once heard an American redneck at a party ask, "Ya got any a them
    >>> whores dee ovaries?"

    >> Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 729 for hor'dourve. (0.05 seconds)

    > Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 743 for whores dee ovaries. (0.26
    > seconds)
    >
    >> Guess I'm not the only one who needs to brush-up on French. :)

    > Indeed!

    ROFL. I thought maybe you were taking a shot at me until I plugged "whores
    dee ovaries" into Google. :)
    TJ, Dec 20, 2007
  13. Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    TJ wrote:

    > ROFL. I thought maybe you were taking a shot at me until I plugged
    > "whores dee ovaries" into Google. :)

    Nope, no shot. It is amazing just how much stuff there is on the web
    that is misspeelted.

    --
    -"That's a joke... I say, that's a joke, son".
    -Foghorn Leghorn
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 20, 2007
  14. Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:51:32 -0600, TJ wrote:

    > Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 729 for hor'dourve. (0.05 seconds)

    So there are another 729 Americanese-speaking people in the world who are
    labouring under the same misapprehension that the French phrase 'hors
    d'oeuvres' is mis-spelt as well as mispronounced.

    Meh!
    Aardvark, Dec 20, 2007
  15. Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:34:25 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:51:32 -0600, TJ wrote:
    >
    >> Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 729 for hor'dourve. (0.05 seconds)

    > So there are another 729 Americanese-speaking people in the world who
    > are labouring under the same misapprehension that the French phrase
    > 'hors d'oeuvres' is mis-spelt as well as mispronounced.
    >
    > Meh!

    Feel free to follow the following link:
    http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/hors.html
    Aardvark, Dec 20, 2007
  16. Robis Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > richard <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:32:00 -0600, TJ <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Moldy Cheese <> wrote in

    >>>It wasn't, but I took the liberty of fixing it for you. :)
    >>>
    >>>Sorry, but I'm not much for cheese of any kind unless it comes in the
    >>>form of cake. If that's the case, I'm a big fan of both the edible
    >>>and photographic varieties.

    >> The one offered by IE/OE?

    > IE/OE offers cheese?
    >
    >> Simple. Find the folder named "messenger" and rename it to
    >> "nomessenger".

    > And that will make IE/OE dispense cheese?
    >
    >> Since either can't find the proper folder now, they assume it's been
    >> removed.

    > Oh. So somebody *stole* the cheese?
    >
    >> Beats trying to uninstall it.

    > Yes. I suppose I'd rather have somebody steal the cheese as opposed to
    > having to uninstall it myself. That can get messy.
    >
    > ROFL
    >
    > They don't call you Richard "the stupid" Bullis for nuthin', do they?

    ... out of cheese error?!
    Robis, Dec 21, 2007
  17. TJ Guest

    Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    Aardvark <> wrote in news:ycDaj.27200$jy3.12880
    @newsfe7-win.ntli.net:

    > On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:34:25 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:51:32 -0600, TJ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 729 for hor'dourve. (0.05 seconds)

    >> So there are another 729 Americanese-speaking people in the world who
    >> are labouring under the same misapprehension that the French phrase
    >> 'hors d'oeuvres' is mis-spelt as well as mispronounced.

    Evidently, yes.

    >> Meh!

    > Feel free to follow the following link:
    > http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/hors.html

    Thank you, no. :)
    TJ, Dec 21, 2007
  18. Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    On 2007-12-20, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Beauregard T. Shagnasty waxed eloquently:
    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> TJ wrote:
    >>> There's an hor'dourve my sister-in- law makes containing cheese that
    >>> I enjoy.

    >> That's 'hors d'oeuvre', pronounced 'ordoov', the 'r' in the word is
    >> completely or almost silent and comes after the 'v' (not, as many
    >> Americans mispronounce it, 'ordurv').

    > I once heard an American redneck at a party ask, "Ya got any a them
    > whores dee ovaries?"

    We have a lot of Amish folks in these parts, and you can always track
    where they've been driving their buggies by the trail of horse doovers.

    :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    Q: What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead
    The Old Sourdough, Dec 21, 2007
  19. Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> TJ wrote:
    >>> There's an hor'dourve my sister-in- law makes containing cheese that
    >>> I enjoy.

    >> That's 'hors d'oeuvre', pronounced 'ordoov', the 'r' in the word is
    >> completely or almost silent and comes after the 'v' (not, as many
    >> Americans mispronounce it, 'ordurv').

    > I once heard an American redneck at a party ask, "Ya got any a them
    > whores dee ovaries?"

    "Oh...you mean horse doovers?"

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 21, 2007
  20. Re: Cheese [Was: Set message subject here ...]

    Aardvark wrote:

    > On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:51:32 -0600, TJ wrote:
    >
    >> Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 729 for hor'dourve. (0.05 seconds)

    > So there are another 729 Americanese-speaking people in the world who are
    > labouring under the same misapprehension that the French phrase 'hors
    > d'oeuvres' is mis-spelt as well as mispronounced.

    I don't *see* "Americans" in that Google result posted above.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 21, 2007