    T.I.A.
    --
    John

    Robert Bristow, Aug 1, 2008

  2. Robert Bristow

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 01/08/2008 in message <> Robert
    Bristow wrote:

    >I have a problem setting my e-mail default program to Turnpike on Vista
    >ultimate 64 bit.
    >
    >Turnpike is set as my e-mail link in customize start menu. I have tried
    >running the program default setup, but I can't find turnpike in the list
    >of available programs. I reply yes to set turnpike as default e-mail, news
    >and address book as turnpike starts but every time I open turnpike I have
    >to reset it as default.
    >
    >I have tried setting turnpike up in default programs but it is not listed
    >and I can't find away to add it to the list of programs.

    Do you know where Turnpike keeps its settings? Vista imposes strict
    security as to where programs can write data so Turnpike may be failing
    (silently) to write the information.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
    That's an amazing invention but who would ever want to use one of them?

    Jeff Gaines, Aug 1, 2008

  3. Robert Bristow

    Barb Bowman Guest

    it's because Turnpike is a 32 bit program. try defaultmail -
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultmail.htm

    you will probably need to reset every time you download an Office
    update or Service Pack, etc.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 1, 2008
  4. In message <>, Jeff Gaines
    <> writes
    >On 01/08/2008 in message <> Robert
    >Bristow wrote:
    >
    >>I have a problem setting my e-mail default program to Turnpike on
    >>Vista ultimate 64 bit.
    >>
    >>Turnpike is set as my e-mail link in customize start menu. I have
    >>tried running the program default setup, but I can't find turnpike in
    >>the list of available programs. I reply yes to set turnpike as default
    >>e-mail, news and address book as turnpike starts but every time I open
    >>turnpike I have to reset it as default.

    >Do you know where Turnpike keeps its settings? Vista imposes strict
    >security as to where programs can write data so Turnpike may be failing
    >(silently) to write the information.

    I have an idea where to find it, I'll see what I can do there. Thanks

    --
    John

    Robert Bristow, Aug 1, 2008
  5. In message <>, Barb Bowman
    <> writes
    >it's because Turnpike is a 32 bit program. try defaultmail -
    >http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultmail.htm
    >
    >you will probably need to reset every time you download an Office
    >update or Service Pack, etc.
    >
    >On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:17:28 +0100, Robert Bristow <spam@127.0.0.1>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I have a problem setting my e-mail default program to Turnpike on Vista
    >>ultimate 64 bit.
    >>
    >>Turnpike is set as my e-mail link in customize start menu. I have tried
    >>running the program default setup, but I can't find turnpike in the list
    >>of available programs. I reply yes to set turnpike as default e-mail,
    >>news and address book as turnpike starts but every time I open turnpike
    >>I have to reset it as default.
    >>
    >>I have tried setting turnpike up in default programs but it is not
    >>listed and I can't find away to add it to the list of programs.

    Thanks Barb, if all else fails I'll give that a try.
    --
    John

    Robert Bristow, Aug 1, 2008
  6. In message <>, Robert Bristow
    <spam@127.0.0.1> writes
    >I have a problem setting my e-mail default program to Turnpike on Vista
    >ultimate 64 bit.
    >
    >Turnpike is set as my e-mail link in customize start menu. I have tried
    >running the program default setup, but I can't find turnpike in the
    >list of available programs. I reply yes to set turnpike as default
    >e-mail, news and address book as turnpike starts but every time I open
    >turnpike I have to reset it as default.
    >
    >I have tried setting turnpike up in default programs but it is not
    >listed and I can't find away to add it to the list of programs.

    Thanks for the help, it looks like the problem is with Turnpike. In the
    end the cure was to tell Turnpike not to ask if I wanted it to be
    default again. Problem masked if not cured, as I will probably have a
    problem when windows or office updates.
    --
    John

    Robert Bristow, Aug 3, 2008
  7. Robert Bristow

    Dave S. Guest

    This may or may not be helpful in the general problem:

    Subject: vista ultimate 64-bit default programs and IE7 default email progr
    10/9/2008 12:16 AM PST

    By: Dave S. In: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

    Dave S., Oct 9, 2008