    Maybe someone must know about it

    hugs

    Fernando

    FernandoYuri - Brazil, Sep 27, 2003

  2. FernandoYuri - Brazil

    CJH Guest

    That really depends on how many machines you need to
    update.

    SMS

    or

    You can make a chain of patch files (Research QCHAIN) and
    execute them with a batch file. You can run the batch
    from a network share. You can make a sheduled event on
    the target that will run the batch at your chosen time.

    Unfortunatly there are a few patches from MS that are so
    specific that you cannot easily find and download them for
    this. System Update Services or SMS helps with that. We
    have SMS configured to use an XML file from MS that
    contains a list of all patches. You can use this to
    inventory your clients and identify what patches are
    missing. You can build SMS packages for the patch(es) and
    have them applied to the clients in the collection that
    need them.

    hotfixes

    CJH, Sep 27, 2003

  3. Ok,

    Is the a news group for people pretending to be MCSE's or what?

    Microsoft released a product called SUS (Software Update Service), look for
    it at www.microsoft.com\security

    You configure a server to hold all the patches and hot fixes, then approve
    new ones when available.

    Use a group policy template, to push or prompt to users workstations.

    Learn about it, especially if taking 2003 exams.
    Brian
    MCP, MCSA Windows 2000, 1 exam to MCSE Windows 2000.... (taking Monday
    morning)

    Brian Warren \(Home\), Sep 27, 2003