    restarting, I am unable to connect to the internet. I am in IE6 at this
    point. Don't I need SP2 to use IE7? What can be done to eliminate this
    problem? Thanks for any helpful advice
    JRG, Apr 15, 2007

  2. JRG

    GHalleck Guest

    JRG wrote:

    > When I reformat, and get my updates through Windows/Microsoft Updates, I am
    > fine until I get to the Service Pack 2 update. After downloading and
    > restarting, I am unable to connect to the internet. I am in IE6 at this
    > point. Don't I need SP2 to use IE7? What can be done to eliminate this
    > problem? Thanks for any helpful advice

    One thing to check is the status of the firewall that comes with SP2.
    If active or if in conflict with another firewall in the computer, then
    connections to the ISP could be blocked. Microsoft has configured the
    enabled default setting of its firewall and the installation does not
    check for any other firewall that is up and running.
    GHalleck, Apr 16, 2007

  3. JRG

    Guest

    Just download SP2 and run it http://tinyurl.com/5bobl