    when I go to download, it says on the Microsoft site that I have already got
    SP installed which is the case. How do I get round this.

    Thank You

    soylentgreen, Apr 13, 2007

  2. soylentgreen

    JANA Guest

    Start at the link below. You may have to buy the SP2 distribution CD from
    MS. But, I am not 100% sure on this. I did not have the time to explore
    the link below.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "soylentgreen" <> wrote in message
    I want to download service pack 2 and save it to a disc for a friend as they
    are only on dial up and it would take them for ever downloading it. However

    JANA, Apr 13, 2007

  3. soylentgreen wrote:
    > I want to download service pack 2 and save it to a disc for a friend as they
    > are only on dial up and it would take them for ever downloading it. However
    > when I go to download, it says on the Microsoft site that I have already got
    > SP installed which is the case. How do I get round this.

    One of six hundred and twenty seven trillion links for SP2:
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/security/winxpsp2-security.html

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 13, 2007
  4. JANA wrote:
    > Start at the link below. You may have to buy the SP2 distribution CD from
    > MS. But, I am not 100% sure on this. I did not have the time to explore
    > the link below.

    How about me and you going out and tripping the light fandango? You can
    wear a genuine seal fur coat and stainless steel chastity belt, I'll
    wear a beaver hat and two toned wing tipped shoes. We can recreate the
    heroin overdose scene from Pulp Fiction. Up for it?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 13, 2007
  5. Rôgêr wrote:

    >JANA wrote:
    >> Start at the link below. You may have to buy the SP2 distribution CD from
    >> MS. But, I am not 100% sure on this. I did not have the time to explore
    >> the link below.

    >How about me and you going out and tripping the light fandango? You can
    >wear a genuine seal fur coat and stainless steel chastity belt, I'll
    >wear a beaver hat and two toned wing tipped shoes. We can recreate the
    >heroin overdose scene from Pulp Fiction. Up for it?

    Sure, you provide the dope though - I'm broke.

    Milhouse Van Houten, Apr 13, 2007
  6. soylentgreen wrote:

    >I want to download service pack 2 and save it to a disc for a friend as they
    >are only on dial up and it would take them for ever downloading it. However
    >when I go to download, it says on the Microsoft site that I have already got
    >SP installed which is the case. How do I get round this.
    >
    >Thank You

    Get the network version and slipstream it to your install cd.

    I made a slipstream copy of XP2 from the first XP CD ever made back in
    the day (and XP1 before that). Gaggle it ya mook.

    Milhouse Van Houten, Apr 13, 2007
  7. soylentgreen

    WhzzKdd Guest

    >I want to download service pack 2 and save it to a disc for a friend as
    >they are only on dial up and it would take them for ever downloading it.
    >However when I go to download, it says on the Microsoft site that I have
    >already got SP installed which is the case. How do I get round this.
    >
    > Thank You

    DON'T download things like this from places other than the SOURCE. You have
    no idea what may have happened to it along the way.

    Here's the Microsoft download link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    WhzzKdd, Apr 13, 2007
  8. Soylent, do this newbie a favor: what does "slipstream" mean, and how's it
    accomplished? and what is the 'network version'?

    thanks

    --

    --Fool On The Hill

    Neal Weissman, Apr 21, 2007
  9. soylentgreen

    Sunny Guest

    Slipstreaming SP2 : (A bit iffy if you only have an OEM CD from the larger manufacturers, like Dell - HP etc.

    Download it from here :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
    Explanations available here :
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp