    virus scan and the service pack 1 was infected so i had to delete it from my
    computer now the instant support won't work is ther any one that can help
    me?
    Lisa, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Lisa

    Harrison Guest

    Based on that post, I doubt it.
    Take your computer to a qualified professional.

    Harrison, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    i think that when you ask for help and you are grown up enough to answer
    appropriately then you should post. thanks for nothing

    Lisa, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Lisa

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:04:04 GMT, Lisa wrote:

    >i think that when you ask for help and you are grown up enough to answer
    >appropriately then you should post. thanks for nothing

    Well considering your useless and crappy post what do you expect?

    Try reading this http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Which service pack 1, what OS?

    Name of trojan?

    ><Harrison> wrote in message
    >> Based on that post, I doubt it.
    >> Take your computer to a qualified professional.
    >>
    >> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:44:21 GMT, "Lisa" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >i had a trojan soething come into my computer yesterday and i had to run

    >> >virus scan and the service pack 1 was infected so i had to delete it from

    The whole service pack?

    >my
    >> >computer now the instant support won't work is ther any one that can help
    >> >me?

    Me
    why?, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    i do not know the name of the trojan and i am using windows xp and i am
    sorry i am not a computer genius i guess like yourself

    Lisa, Feb 1, 2004
  6. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    all you have to do is ask nicely

    Lisa, Feb 1, 2004
  7. Lisa

    °Mike° Guest

    Please read the following pages *very carefully*, and
    then post back:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:44:21 GMT, in
    <9ObTb.202973$xy6.1044365@attbi_s02>
    Lisa scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  8. Lisa

    °Mike° Guest

    No, that's NOT all you have to do. What you *need*
    to do, is to supply enough information for people to
    be able to help you.

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:27:29 GMT, in
    <RidTb.203841$xy6.1048985@attbi_s02>
    Lisa scrawled:

    >all you have to do is ask nicely

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  9. Lisa

    Harrison Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:25:40 GMT, "Lisa" <> wrote:

    >i do not know the name of the trojan and i am using windows xp and i am
    >sorry i am not a computer genius i guess like yourself

    And that's why I suggested you take it to a qualified professional.
    If the transmission in your car was making strange noises and leaking
    fluids, would you ask a newsgroup how to fix it, or would you take it
    to a garage?

    Harrison, Feb 1, 2004
  10. Lisa

    Patrick Guest

    Lisa wrote:
    > i had a trojan soething come into my computer yesterday and i had to
    > run a virus scan and the service pack 1 was infected so i had to
    > delete it from my computer now the instant support won't work is ther
    > any one that can help me?

    I don't quite know what you mean by 'instant support', but I would have
    thought that the thing to do (about SP1) would be to goto 'Windows Update'
    and check what it says (click 'Scan for updates').
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
    or from wherever you may find a link to W.U. on your machine.

    By 'instant support', you perhaps mean 'Help and Support', if this is not
    working, then look at this page (third item down);
    Patrick, Feb 1, 2004
  11. On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:44:21 GMT, "Lisa" <> wrote:

    >i had a trojan soething come into my computer yesterday and i had to run a
    >virus scan and the service pack 1 was infected so i had to delete it from my
    >computer now the instant support won't work is ther any one that can help
    >me?

    Have you tried reinstalling Service Pack 1?

    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com
    Pauline Johnson, Feb 1, 2004
  12. Lisa

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick, Feb 1, 2004
  13. Lisa

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:25:40 GMT, Lisa wrote:

    >i do not know the name of the trojan and i am using windows xp and i am

    How do you know it was a trojan then. If you had run an antivirus
    packare normally they report the name / try to clean the trojan.

    >sorry i am not a computer genius i guess like yourself

    Nothing to do with it.

    When asking for help, it would be easier to at least mention -
    What operating system.
    What service pack, XP has a SP1 so did some versions of MSIE.
    Details of fault, rather then sort of guess.

    Thus you had a quite good answer initially, take the PC to a
    professional.

    why?, Feb 2, 2004