    don't recall these issues when I was using an MSN9 browser. Although
    the error message makes it seem like it's an ISP issue, it "feels" more
    like a software issue in my computer. Anyone have a suggestion?

    P T, Dec 27, 2006

  2. P T

    r0nbo Guest

    Do you lose the ability to get anything from the web even though you are
    still connected? I had that recently and called the cable people and they
    went through a whole routine with me to fix it. They said my winsock had
    become corrupted and after 10 minutes or so I couldnt get webpages, email
    or anything. It worked anyway and I havent had any trouble since.

    r0nbo, Dec 30, 2006

  3. P T

    r0nbo Guest

    Do you lose email and everything as well as all webpages and have to restart
    the machine?

    r0nbo, Dec 30, 2006
  4. P T

    r0nbo Guest

    Do you lose email as well?

    r0nbo, Dec 30, 2006
  5. P T

    r0nbo Guest

    thats odd. last nite the newserver said those messages werent going out.
    guess it was wrong. nothing like a whole bunch of similar msgs to look at.

    r0nbo, Dec 30, 2006
  6. P T

    Guest

    r0nbo wrote:
    > I had that recently and called the cable people and they
    > went through a whole routine with me to fix it. They said my winsock had
    > become corrupted and after 10 minutes or so I couldnt get webpages, email
    > or anything. It worked anyway and I havent had any trouble since.

    and what did they say for you to correct it? I'm curious. Please
    detail the steps. Thanks

    , Dec 30, 2006
  7. P T

    Ed Mullen Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 30, 2006
  8. P T

    Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > r0nbo wrote:
    > >> I had that recently and called the cable people and they
    > >> went through a whole routine with me to fix it. They said my winsock had
    > >> become corrupted and after 10 minutes or so I couldnt get webpages, email
    > >> or anything. It worked anyway and I havent had any trouble since.
    > >>

    > > and what did they say for you to correct it? I'm curious. Please
    > > detail the steps. Thanks
    > >

    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

    Oh yuk, no wonder it took him 10 minutes to solve it. Thanks Ed.

    , Dec 30, 2006