    Can anybody help

    --
    Phil & Iris Huggan
    PHILIP HUGGAN, Mar 6, 2006

  2. PHILIP HUGGAN

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 18:20:00 GMT, PHILIP HUGGAN wrote:

    You may prefer not to post with the email address (the mailbox name) you
    used to a public international newsgroup, it aviods spam, but it's
    possible it's too late.

    Once your webpage issue is fixed :) you can access the URLs

    See
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid
    and create an email alias, however it may be too late as well, set up an
    alias with selfcare help / email setup help.
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_email_using_emailalias
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_email_using_mailbox

    using
    https://selfcare.blueyonder.co.uk/IIPSC/home.do

    >When I log onto my computer and open up a webpage on explorer it works ok
    >for a couple of minutes then says I get a message saying it cannot find the
    >page. It forces me to shutdown and when I start up agaiin exactly the
    >same thing happens all over again.

    That's MSIE or launching a URL (shortcut) from explorer?

    Have you tried another browser.

    Turn off any proxy settings.

    It's a few sites / all sites.

    > On outlook express I get the messages after the first download of e-mails,
    >thereafter I get the following " your servers has unexpectedly terminated
    >the connection ................Socket Error 10053 Error No. O8OOCCCOF

    The Winsock / Socket 10053 message
    http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/WSK-19980702-EM02.htm
    Question/Problem: WSAECONNABORTED (10053) Software caused connection
    abort.

    Answer/Solution: A connection abort was caused internal to your host
    machine. The software caused a connection abort because there is no
    space on the socket's queue and the socket cannot receive further
    connections.

    WinSock description: The error can occur when the local network system
    aborts a connection. This would occur if WinSock aborts an established
    connection after data retransmission fails (receiver never acknowledges
    data sent on a datastream socket).

    TCP/IP scenario: A connection will timeout if the local system doesn't
    receive an (ACK)nowledgement for data sent. It would also timeout if a
    (FIN)ish TCP packet is not ACK'd (and even if the FIN is ACK'd, it will
    eventually timeout if a FIN is not returned).

    About 10053, it's different s/w but that doesn't matter, it's the socket
    fault.
    http://www.nessoft.com/kb/39
    The 10053 error happens when PingPlotter or MultiPing is having problems
    talking to the SMTP server (this is a standard Winsock error).
    Specifically, this happens when a connection is properly initiated, but
    then something abruptly ends the conversation.

    Usually, this is because of some kind of firewall running between you
    and the SMTP server (maybe on your local machine, or someplace between
    you and the SMTP server). It can also be because of a SMTP server
    problem of some kind.

    If you're running McAfee Anti-Virus 8.0i, make sure PingPlotter
    (pingplotter.exe) or MultiPing (multiping.exe) is an allowed program.

    If you're using any kind of SMTP proxy (Norton Antivirus is one of these
    that proxies SMTP to make sure you don't send out any viruses), then
    check to see if you can work around that somehow.

    Also, check to see if one of your SMTP servers will allow incoming
    connections on a non-standard port and try using that port instead of
    the standard port 25.

    BTW it makes things difficult to cut / paste and search when you change
    the zeros in O8OOCCCOF to the letter O and miss the 0x at the start.

    www.google.com for 0x0800ccc0f
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
    How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and
    receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express

    These error messages may occur if Microsoft Outlook or if Microsoft
    Outlook Express cannot establish a connection with your e-mail server.
    These error messages are frequently caused by one of the following:
    • Incorrect account settings
    • Misconfiguration of personal firewall software
    • Antivirus software
    • A bad modem
    • Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) size
    • Outlook Express has been removed from the computer or the
    installation is damaged
    • Your user profile in Outlook is damaged
    • An e-mail item on your POP3 server is damaged

    The next bit of the article is checking all of the above.

    http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/oe_errors_0x800ccc0f.html
    Troubleshooting Outlook Express Error 0x800CCC0F

    Symptom
    When you start Outlook Express or try to send an e-mail message, you may
    get one of the following error messages:

    * Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
    causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
    period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server:
    'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
    Number: 0x800CCC0F

    Solution
    This problem is often modem related. The first step is to;

    * check your Outlook Express settings, making sure that the POP3 and
    SMTP servers are as in the screenshots, and that your full user name and
    password are correct. (Tip. Watch out for SMTP spelt as STMP, and that
    commas are not there in place of full points).
    * If this is OK, read the Modem and connections troubleshooting
    guide
    * If you're still having problems, it could be that Outlook Express
    is itself corrupt. Microsoft's instructions on how to delete it and
    reinstall it, along with making a backup of your address books etc, are
    at for Windows 95, 98, and ME and for for Windows 2000.
    * Other suggestions by Microsoft are available HERE
    * If this has still not resolved your problem Symantec Security
    Systems have detailed information on modifying your system settings
    available here
    * If you have Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall
    and you will need to modify their configuration as advised by Norton and
    available here
    * Ensure you do not have email protection setup on your system.

    Always check with your ISPs status page, in case there is a known issue,
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/status/summary.do
    There is an email ticket opened today.

    Do read the internal blueyonder support newsgroups,
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_advanced_blueyonder

    >Can anybody help

    Me
    why?, Mar 6, 2006

  3. "PHILIP HUGGAN" <> wrote in message
    > When I log onto my computer and open up a webpage on explorer it works ok
    > for a couple of minutes then says I get a message saying it cannot find
    > the page. It forces me to shutdown and when I start up agaiin exactly
    > the same thing happens all over again.
    > On outlook express I get the messages after the first download of
    > e-mails, thereafter I get the following " your servers has unexpectedly
    > terminated the connection ................Socket Error 10053 Error No.
    > O8OOCCCOF
    >
    > Can anybody help

    Has this started happening all of a sudden?

    Can you send an email with no problems?

    Are you sure you don't have a problem with the connection to the ISP?

    Duane :)
    K-Man hater Duane, Mar 6, 2006