    If there is any downtime, don't worry and just check back after a few hours and it will be working. The forum URL may change depending on how things work (to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums)
    Thanks,
    Ian

    imported_Ian Cunningham, Nov 12, 2005

  2. imported_Ian Cunningham

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Uuuh huh... Sure thing "Ian". :) Whoever you are.
    You must also be Erik and Mike, right?
    Unholy, stop being silly.

    The Modfather, Nov 13, 2005

  3. imported_Ian Cunningham

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    no joke modfather, sites ownership has changed, ian cunningham is from pcreviews.co.uk (i think thats the one)
    Erik and mike do exist :p just like Al and me. and xhard and Gez :p

    unholy, Nov 14, 2005
  4. imported_Ian Cunningham

    imported_Ian Cunningham

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2005
    Messages:
    2
    imported_Ian Cunningham, Nov 14, 2005
  5. imported_Ian Cunningham

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Well, I'll be darned. I guess this gets them out of the whole hard drive award thing then. :)

    Looks pretty good so far but the front end was better before, looks a bit spartan now, I imagine that'll change as you get time to work on it though. Forums are not bad, they'll take getting used to (not a big fan of vB but what the heck). :)

    The Modfather, Nov 14, 2005
  6. imported_Ian Cunningham

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,097
    Glad you like it :)I'm still working on the frontend now, so it will take a day or two to get fully working :D

    Ian, Nov 14, 2005
  7. imported_Ian Cunningham

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    dont forget to put us back as admins Ian, after all that is our role here :D to keep order :D and make sure u change ur group, ur not scapegoat remember :D

    unholy, Nov 14, 2005
  8. imported_Ian Cunningham

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    OMG, i feel like I've been accpeted into your forum... grouping. I am no longer the new guy! :D

    anyway, im not liking the new forum look, its too big. And put the name avatars back on the left side, i liked that. However, i did like the look of the main page, that was nicely done.

    also, why is everyone the scapegoat?

    Gez, Nov 14, 2005
  9. imported_Ian Cunningham

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Ya, the frontpage... I'm really missing it. Ian, did you get my pm?

    Silverstrand, Nov 14, 2005
  10. imported_Ian Cunningham

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,097
    Just working on changes now, give me a couple of days and everything should be in place :)

    Ian, Nov 14, 2005
  11. imported_Ian Cunningham

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Ian - ....

    ....how about some details as to what happened with the change in ownership? What are your plans for the site, and are you looking to retain current staffing or are you going to look for new admins / moderators?

    bigal, Nov 15, 2005
  12. imported_Ian Cunningham

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    al, clear up your pm's. it is full.

    Silverstrand, Nov 15, 2005
  13. imported_Ian Cunningham

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yer ummm, they idea was that we have 150 limit, not this crappy 50. delete some and we get on the job we will fix some of the things that weren't ported :D

    I am sure Ian has good ideas that can be done. i aint to keen with the new theme though :|

    unholy, Nov 15, 2005
  14. imported_Ian Cunningham

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Not bad, but what res is it designed for? I'm using 1280x960 and getting big blue bits on both sides :(

    XhArD, Nov 15, 2005
  15. imported_Ian Cunningham

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,097
    bigal, I didn't realise that things were in place behind the person I bought the reviews from - so all this is a bit unexpected ;)

    I'm working on a way for the current article writers to add articles much more easily themselves, but this may take a week or so. There are some good things planned, it will just take a bit of time to get things going :)

    Ian, Nov 15, 2005
  16. imported_Ian Cunningham

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Wait... "bought the reviews"... it was cleary stated in the copyright information that the reviews were copyright the creator, not the website.

    Silverstrand, Nov 15, 2005
  17. imported_Ian Cunningham

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yes it is our work Ian, not urs. technically ur posting our work ilegally, at the moment.

    Mike cant promise u something he doesn't own.

    unholy, Nov 15, 2005
  18. imported_Ian Cunningham

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,097
    OK, perhaps review site was a better word ;) Its still your work, not mine :)

    Ian, Nov 15, 2005
  19. imported_Ian Cunningham

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I think he meant he bought "Velocity Reviews" and not your individual reviews.

    As for making it so people can submit articles more easily, try using PHP-Nuke or PostNuke, that makes it very easy for people to submit articles for the front page.

    The Modfather, Nov 15, 2005
  20. imported_Ian Cunningham

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,097
    Yeah, its something like that I am creating for the site - basically to make it much easier than custom coding a page each time, cos thats loads of work :eek:

    Ian, Nov 15, 2005