Server Monitor - How to Connect to PC?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by DiddyS, Oct 24, 2004.

  1. DiddyS

    DiddyS Guest

    Hi,

    I've got a small monitor that I'm told was intended for use with a server
    and I want to connect it to my PC if that's possible.

    It's made by ICL (since taken over by Fujitsu?) and on the (original) box it
    came in it says:-

    Type: 124280/01
    Serial No. 011706 FOI"

    On the monitor itself the Type is shown as 12428/001

    The most obvious problem with connecting it to a PC is that it doesn't have
    a connection for a standard monitor cable. Instead it has two 25 pin female
    sockets. One is labelled RS232 and the other one has a symbol that may
    represent a server.

    Can anyone tell me if it will work with a PC and, if so, whether it is
    possible to obtain a suitable cable or a converter to enable me to connect
    it.

    TIA,

    Derek.

    DiddyS, Oct 24, 2004