    Any ideas?

    Regards
    Graham

    =?Utf-8?B?Z29jYXQyMDA1?=, Dec 17, 2006

  2. The problem is that your server is seeing the USB drive and it's screwing up
    the drive letter assignments. It's probably something that can be overridden
    in the BIOS, by changing the drive order in there. Or possibly by changing
    how and when USB drives are seen. Both of these can usually be set from
    within the BIOS, but if that doesn't work, you'll have to reboot with the
    USB drive not present.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 17, 2006

  3. OK thanks - I will give it a go and let you know what happens. (May be a
    while because I have to physically go to the server which is 10 miles away).

    =?Utf-8?B?Z29jYXQyMDA1?=, Dec 18, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Z29jYXQyMDA1?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Like the others said, but if you start the computer with the USB drive
    connected, you may be able to go into drive management and change the drive
    letter to some high letter. It then uses the new letter on subsequent
    insertions and doesn't conflict.

    John Barnes, Dec 18, 2006