    create new physical resource.

    note: resource types which already has physical resource dll

    Thank you for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?Qy5C?=, Aug 7, 2006

  2. "C.B" wrote:

    > I would like to learn and use server clustering for testing environment.
    >
    > I use two win 2003 servers one of them has 2 IDE disks, which already
    > formated NTFS, basic disk. I dont have a SCSI disk or SAN.
    >
    > My question is, can i create server cluster and install SQL or Exchange
    > server on the cluster. IF so,
    >
    > I created but i couldnt create physical disk resource. In Disk Parameters,
    > the disk does not appear in the list. There is not another group which
    > already has a resource for the disk. So why can NOT i see the disk when i
    > create new physical resource.
    >
    > note: resource types which already has physical resource dll
    >
    > Thank you for your help.

    You may. When a remote storage disk is not found, a local storage will be
    created automatically. However, there will be only one local storage for the
    entire cluster and it has to be shared. Nevertheless, there is no point of
    using local shared disk. If the server with the shared disk fail, the whole
    thing will come down.

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=, Aug 10, 2006