    besides rolling the clock back.

    --

    Tom

    T, Feb 25, 2004

  2. T

    Paul - xxx Guest

    T posted ...

    > I have a trial version of server 2003. How can I make it so it never
    > expires besides rolling the clock back.

    By buying it.

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Tom,

    I think that you need a warez group rather than here. Of course, you may end
    up with more than you wanted.

    You could buy a licence. After all, even Microsoft have to pay wages.

    You could sign up as a student at a local uni or college and see if you can
    get it with an educational discount. I think that Lampeter might do you
    well.

    You could take a holiday to the US and get a licence and large helpings of
    Maine crabs .. hang on, I'll come too..

    You could try Brick Lane in London. There usually is a guy there at weekends
    with a suitcase full of cds..

    But I don't think anyone here will give you the answer that you really
    deserve.. We are all too polite..

    T wrote:
    :: I have a trial version of server 2003. How can I make it so it never
    :: expires besides rolling the clock back.
    ::
    :: --
    ::
    :: Tom

    eric the seal, Feb 25, 2004
  4. T

    Brian H¹© Guest

    T said:

    > I have a trial version of server 2003. How can I make it so it never expires
    > besides rolling the clock back.

    What a load of crap that is.
    Get yourself a decent OS (ok, ignore that part), and install Apache2 if all you
    are needing is to serve files.
    But as you don't say what you want it for, I could only guess you need it for
    web pages.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  5. T

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:49:41 GMT, T wrote:

    >I have a trial version of server 2003. How can I make it so it never expires

    You shouldn't need to do that with a trial as -> it's a trial.

    >besides rolling the clock back.

    So when you did this what happened?

    Try MS KB http://support.microsoft.com/ for full text.

    Knowledge Base
    Windows 2003 Server Evaluation Copy Expiration Behavior
    PSS ID Number: 818025

    SUMMARY
    This article describes the behavior of the evaluation version of Windows
    Server 2003. It also contains information about the 14-day activation
    grace period and the 180-day evaluation period, and it describes what
    occurs when these time periods expire.

    <snip>

    Important You can log on to the computer in safe mode only if you log on
    to the computer by using the local administrator account. You can
    upgrade to the retail, released version of Windows Server 2003 while you
    are in safe mode. The option to upgrade in safe mode may not be
    available if your computer is running as a domain controller.

    Me

    why?, Feb 25, 2004
  6. T

    Brian H¹© Guest

    why? said:

    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:49:41 GMT, T wrote:
    >
    >> I have a trial version of server 2003. How can I make it so it never expires

    > You shouldn't need to do that with a trial as -> it's a trial.
    >
    >> besides rolling the clock back.

    > So when you did this what happened?

    He got spanked for posting from the wrong timezone ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  7. > I have a trial version of server 2003. How can I make it so it never expires

    Get a standard version: http://www.apache.org/

    Alexander Rogge, Feb 25, 2004
  8. T

    John Holmes Guest

    T came up with this:

    > I have a trial version of server 2003. How can I make it so it never
    > expires besides rolling the clock back.

    Do a fresh install every week. On Thursday.
    --
    -John Holmes-

    John Holmes, Feb 26, 2004
  9. T

    Brian H¹© Guest

    John Holmes said:

    > T came up with this:
    >
    >> I have a trial version of server 2003. How can I make it so it never
    >> expires besides rolling the clock back.
    >>

    > Do a fresh install every week. On Thursday.

    After formatting C: ofcourse ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004