    shawn Guest

    i can not get smtp or pop3 to work correctly on 2003
    server.

    shawn, Jan 15, 2004

  2. shawn

    TESTI Guest

    I cannot get a supermodel to love me for who I am where I
    am ...

    TESTI, Jan 15, 2004

  3. shawn

    Benny Guest

    Are there anything shown on your SMTP logs which might be
    out of the norm?

    smtp service turned on?

    Benny, Jan 15, 2004
  4. shawn

    bob Guest

    are you sure your useing win'03 server????? Try using
    exchange server

    bob, Jan 15, 2004
  5. ----- shawn wrote: ----

    i can not get smtp or pop3 to work correctly on 2003
    server

    I'm guessing you may now realise this is not enough information

    Go to a command prompt
    Type "telnet [IP you assigned to SMPT] 25
    If you get any type of response, other than timed out, then i
    is working. If "could not open port..." is your friend then SMP
    is not configured and is not running. Did you even create a virtual server

    POP3 is a function of Exchange product. Since you did not mention Exchange
    most of us will be assuming you didn't install it.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya28=?=, Jan 15, 2004
  6. shawn

    Consultant Guest

    what errors are you getting?
    are you behind a firewall?
    need more details.

    Consultant, Jan 15, 2004
  7. shawn

    Someone Guest

    Your problem is Security Windows 2003 Server is Locked down By default
    Unlike Nt or 2000 or Xp
    MS has Bolted every thing down nice and tight You will need to Dip down in
    to the security templates
    and find the settings you need to Activate the Services and Ports you want
    to use ..

    M.E.M

    Someone, Jan 16, 2004