    thanks for your reply
    regards
    Serge

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Jan 25, 2005

  2. I would think if your a pure programmer you'd be going after the MCSD, but
    that's just my opinion. A friend of mine who is a MCSD and one of the best
    programmers I know personally couldn't care less about windows or trouble
    shooting or networking for that matter.

    If you are really a programmer in .Net then go for those certifications.
    Your taking the wrong tests for your field. Now on the other hand if you
    plan on being a "double threat" then do both, but as it sounds that you have
    no experience with any of the MCSE stuff I'd recommend putting it on hold
    and doing the MCSD first...

    --
    "The Rev"
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..
    "serge calderara" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I am a pure .Net developper and actually I get my first certification on
    > WIndows Xp (70-270).The idea I get for further exam is to try to get what

    is
    > the best .
    >
    > fro instance as a developper it is very important to understand the OS you
    > are working on, thats why I get to MCP Xp, now some of our customer use
    > server 2003 where our applciation could run on.
    >
    > My question is : In server 2003 is there some common point that I get on

    XP, ?

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 25, 2005

  3. >My question is : In server 2003 is there some common point that I get on XP, ?

    yes, they both come in 32 & 64 bit flavors.

    >Will it be easier and faster to go for server 2003 as I get already XP?

    I somehow doubt it, but heck prove me wrong.

    >Note that I ma not working in an IT departement,

    getaway!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 25, 2005
  4. >A friend of mine who is a MCSD and one of the best
    >programmers I know personally couldn't care less about windows or trouble
    >shooting or networking for that matter.

    I could not do my job without a good understanding of networking and
    how the core systems function. I would say that's true for a great
    many software developers/engineers (or whatever they want to call
    themselfs), working in todays world, or in yesterday's world for that
    matter.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 25, 2005
  5. Thnaks a lot for your advise
    I will do then what you suggest.
    As a developper too I am in charge in my compyny to prepare and deploy
    standard system configuration fro our customers, thats why I know about
    system deep but only as deployement installation, dignostic and trouble
    shooting as XP requirements says. No administration for sure.

    An even as developper in helps me a lot to know that

    thnaks again
    serge

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Jan 25, 2005
  6. Yes agree on that too and it my point of view also
    For my work after developing my application I need to be sure that system I
    deliver to my customers are stable and reliable. SO I have been involve on
    developing a deployement strategy with all teh stuff, and it helsp a lot

    thnsk for your comment
    regards
    serge

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Jan 25, 2005
  7. Well all I can say is good luck and have fun. :) I would still hit the MCSD
    stuff first though, then go back and hit the MCSE track if you plan to do
    both....

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 25, 2005