Servedbyadvertising causing problems AGAIN .... for OPERA.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by David_nj_7@mailbolt.com, Jan 27, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi... Would you guys mind visiting this LINK.

    http://servedby.advertising.com/cli...,683996^322021&713439^316629,1_/bnum=74662574

    I have a dial-up connection, and whatever that link is, or any page
    that has a link to it from SERVED-BY ADVERTISING on it will either
    cause my OPERA to either hang.... or disconnect from the internet.
    This has happened in the past, and now it's happening again.

    Is there something about that site that is a problem with OPERA? My
    other browsers handle it just fine, but OPERA cannot seem to get past
    it. Problem is... It's all over the internet. Several of the sports
    sites I go to have links on the page that point to SERVEDBY ADVERTISING
    and yesterday, I was disconnected, or had to disconnect-reconnect
    numerous times.

    Any suggestions? Why cannot OPERA get past this thing?

    Thank You.

    DAVID
    , Jan 27, 2006

  2. Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 1/27/2006 7:19:28 AM, Without Any Hesitation,
    Wrote The Following:

    > Hi... Would you guys mind visiting this LINK.
    >
    > http://servedby.advertising.com/cli...,683996^322021&713439^316629,1_/bnum=74662574
    >
    > I have a dial-up connection, and whatever that link is, or any page
    > that has a link to it from SERVED-BY ADVERTISING on it will either
    > cause my OPERA to either hang.... or disconnect from the internet.
    > This has happened in the past, and now it's happening again.
    >
    > Is there something about that site that is a problem with OPERA? My
    > other browsers handle it just fine, but OPERA cannot seem to get past
    > it. Problem is... It's all over the internet. Several of the sports
    > sites I go to have links on the page that point to SERVEDBY ADVERTISING
    > and yesterday, I was disconnected, or had to disconnect-reconnect
    > numerous times.
    >
    > Any suggestions? Why cannot OPERA get past this thing?
    >
    > Thank You.
    >
    > DAVID

    It's a free download of tax prepreation software.

    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.
    Old Gringo, Jan 27, 2006

  3. Old Gringo Guest

    Try this: http://www.taxact.com/index.asp
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.
    Freedom For The World http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
    1/27/2006 8:10:26 AM CT USA
    Old Gringo, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-27, <> wrote:
    > Hi... Would you guys mind visiting this LINK.
    >
    > http://servedby.advertising.com/cli...,683996^322021&713439^316629,1_/bnum=74662574
    >
    > I have a dial-up connection, and whatever that link is, or any page
    > that has a link to it from SERVED-BY ADVERTISING on it will either
    > cause my OPERA to either hang.... or disconnect from the internet.
    > This has happened in the past, and now it's happening again.
    >
    > Is there something about that site that is a problem with OPERA? My
    > other browsers handle it just fine, but OPERA cannot seem to get past
    > it. Problem is... It's all over the internet. Several of the sports
    > sites I go to have links on the page that point to SERVEDBY ADVERTISING
    > and yesterday, I was disconnected, or had to disconnect-reconnect
    > numerous times.
    >
    > Any suggestions? Why cannot OPERA get past this thing?
    >
    > Thank You.
    >
    > DAVID

    Could be the dodgy CSS
    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://servedby.adv
    ertising.com%2Fclick%2Fsite%3D0000713439%2Fmnum%3D0000316629%2Fgenr%3D1%2Ft
    kdt%3DB0P0R1T0%2Fcstr%3D74662574%3D_43da1a49%2C3866909106%2C683996%255E3220
    21%26713439%255E316629%2C1_%2Fbnum%3D74662574&usermedium=all> or
    <http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2C853A8C>

    The site looks OK for my Opera 8.51 (Linux); perhaps you should update
    your Opera.

    If you don't actually want to see adverts from servedby.advertising, add
    the URL to your 'hosts' file with a re-direction to 127.0.0.1 or use
    Opera's own filter.ini file.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 27, 2006