    --
    Woody

    harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
    harrogate3, Jul 8, 2007

  2. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "harrogate3" <> wrote in message
    news:ps1ki.12635$...
    > Can anyone give me the ports settings for a Netgear WGR614v6 router
    > please for use with voip.co.uk and/or Sipgate? I shall possiblt be
    > attempting to use either the X-Lite softfone of a Sipura SPA2000

    ATA.

    > I have tried - oh how I have tried - but that old brick wall is

    there
    > again.
    >
    > TIA
    >

    > --
    > Woody
    >
    > harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    Sorry, the Dyslexic keybrod got at the message header as well!
    harrogate3, Jul 8, 2007

  3. harrogate3

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 08:44:06 GMT, "harrogate3" <>
    wrote:

    >"harrogate3" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone give me the ports settings for a Netgear WGR614v6 router
    >> please for use with voip.co.uk and/or Sipgate? I shall possiblt be
    >> attempting to use either the X-Lite softfone of a Sipura SPA2000

    >ATA.
    >>
    >> I have tried - oh how I have tried - but that old brick wall is

    >there
    >> again.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    >> --
    >> Woody
    >>
    >> harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
    >>

    >Sorry, the Dyslexic keybrod got at the message header as well!

    I have an old version of the WGR 614.
    I assume by 'port settings' you mean port forwarding.
    Unless you have to forward ports for other IPs you could set your
    router to DMZ to the IP of your SPA-2000 as an alternative to port
    forwarding. If your ATA doesn't work then you should look for a
    problem other than in the router. On my version DMZ is under WAN
    settings.
    voip.co.uk reckon that their service will work without port
    forwarding.
    Otherwise here is an example of ports that you might forward, some
    people might disagree but they have worked for me with many different
    providers.
    RTP_Language 5004 5004 192.168.1.6
    Sip_Signalling 5060 5065 192.168.1.6
    UDP_RTP 8000 26000 192.168.1.6
    UDP_TCP 3478 3478 192.168.1.6
    faktortel 5001 5001 5001 192.168.1.6
    Further, you could check if your firmware is up to date for the WGR
    614.
    Running a soft phone is a different matter. I have only commented on
    using an ATA.
    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.
    ---
    Brian A, Jul 8, 2007
  4. harrogate3

    Jono Guest

    Brian A presented the following explanation :
    > UDP_RTP 8000 26000 192.168.1.6

    That's a massive range Brian......
    Jono, Jul 8, 2007
  5. harrogate3

    It's Me Guest

    > Can anyone give me the ports settings for a Netgear WGR614v6 router
    > please for use with voip.co.uk and/or Sipgate? I shall possiblt be
    > attempting to use either the X-Lite softfone of a Sipura SPA2000 ATA.
    >
    > I have tried - oh how I have tried - but that old brick wall is there
    > again.
    >
    > TIA
    >

    > --
    > Woody
    >
    > harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    These are what I have set up in my Netgear DG834G

    UDP : 10000 - 20000
    UDP : 53
    UDP : 5060 - 5070

    But I would look at your VOIP provider and check what ports they say to use.

    ItsMe
    It's Me, Jul 8, 2007
  6. harrogate3

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:17:39 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Brian A presented the following explanation :
    >> UDP_RTP 8000 26000 192.168.1.6

    >That's a massive range Brian......

    You may well be right.... what do you use?
    ---

    Brian A, Jul 8, 2007
  7. harrogate3

    Jono Guest

    Brian A has brought this to us :
    > On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:17:39 +0100, Jono <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Brian A presented the following explanation :
    >>> UDP_RTP 8000 26000 192.168.1.6

    >> That's a massive range Brian......
    >>

    > You may well be right.... what do you use?

    None, nor the DMZ. I use the DDWRT-VoIP firmware for my Linksys WRT54G.
    Not needed to port forward since.
    Jono, Jul 8, 2007
  8. harrogate3

    Jono Guest

    Brian A formulated on Sunday :
    > On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:17:39 +0100, Jono <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Brian A presented the following explanation :
    >>> UDP_RTP 8000 26000 192.168.1.6

    >> That's a massive range Brian......
    >>

    > You may well be right.... what do you use?

    Although I don't use port forwarding any more, these are the ports I
    used to forward:

    1 sip 5060 - 5061
    2 rtp 10001 - 20000
    3 Asterisk 8000 - 8012
    4 Asterisk 3478 - 3483
    5 Asterisk 5004 - 5036
    6 Asterisk 4560 - 4570
    Jono, Jul 8, 2007
  9. harrogate3

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:36:23 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Brian A has brought this to us :
    >> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:17:39 +0100, Jono <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Brian A presented the following explanation :
    >>>
    >>> That's a massive range Brian......
    >>>

    >> You may well be right.... what do you use?

    >None, nor the DMZ. I use the DDWRT-VoIP firmware for my Linksys WRT54G.
    >Not needed to port forward since.

    I have looked, with interest, at the WRT54G but am I right in thinking
    that there are problems flashing with this software on the later
    versions of the WRT54G?

    ---

    Brian A, Jul 9, 2007
  10. harrogate3

    Jono Guest

    Brian A wrote on 09/07/2007 :

    >> None, nor the DMZ. I use the DDWRT-VoIP firmware for my Linksys WRT54G.
    >> Not needed to port forward since.

    > I have looked, with interest, at the WRT54G but am I right in thinking
    > that there are problems flashing with this software on the later
    > versions of the WRT54G?

    Yes, the later models have less internal memory.
    Jono, Jul 9, 2007
  11. harrogate3

    alexd Guest

    Re: Setting up a Netgear router

    Brian A wrote:

    > On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:36:23 +0100, Jono <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Brian A has brought this to us :

    >>> You may well be right.... what do you use?

    >>None, nor the DMZ. I use the DDWRT-VoIP firmware for my Linksys WRT54G.
    >>Not needed to port forward since.

    > I have looked, with interest, at the WRT54G but am I right in thinking
    > that there are problems flashing with this software on the later
    > versions of the WRT54G?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRT54G
    http://toh.openwrt.org

    I recommend the WRT54GS, has more RAM. Can be had on eBay for about 30 quid,
    but be sure to ask the seller what the first four digits of the serial are!
    It is possible to get openwrt on the 2/8 routers, but it's just not worth
    it. Buffalo make openwrt compatible routers that are still available new.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:20:38 up 71 days, 23:23, 5 users, load average: 0.24, 0.29, 0.30
    alexd, Jul 9, 2007
  12. harrogate3

    It's Me Guest

    Re: Setting up a Netgear router

    > I recommend the WRT54GS, has more RAM. Can be had on eBay for about 30
    > quid,
    > but be sure to ask the seller what the first four digits of the serial
    > are!
    > It is possible to get openwrt on the 2/8 routers, but it's just not worth
    > it. Buffalo make openwrt compatible routers that are still available new.

    So what first four serial are we looking for?
    It's Me, Jul 11, 2007
  13. harrogate3

    It's Me wrote:

    > So what first four serial are we looking for?

    Have a look at the URLs you snipped from my post.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:34:36 up 73 days, 19:37, 4 users, load average: 0.13, 0.12, 0.09
    alexd, Jul 11, 2007