    I know it's ancient but I'm stuck with it.

    If you know, prey tell.

    Thanks.
    Jeneric, Dec 8, 2007

  2. Jeneric

    Mike Easter Guest

    Re: Seriously, what are minimum requirements for running Youtube on Windows 98 SE platform.

    Jeneric wrote:
    Subject: Seriously, what are minimum requirements for running Youtube on
    Windows 98 SE platform.

    Your subject is too long and its content, the question, doesn't belong
    up there only in the subject and not in the body.

    Train yourself to create proper message bodies by making the body first
    by using complete sentences, providing proper background for a question,
    and then asking the question. When you've completely finished with such
    a body, only then create a very brief subject to title your body's
    content. The subject does /not/ have to be a complete sentence but
    should be brief.

    > Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

    There is nothing about W98se to interfere with viewing youtube
    functions. Your most likely problem is that you are using an ancient
    and retarded browser IE6SP1.

    This condition of using an insecure OS plus an insecure browser IE6SP1
    to websurf is a very dangerous combination and also a condition which
    interferes with your 'enjoyment' of various webpage features. It is not
    likely for you to be able configure that combination both securely and
    'loosely' to enable some webpage functions

    > I know it's ancient but I'm stuck with it.

    No, actually you aren't stuck with it. If you have old hardware but you
    need a modern OS, you could learn how to use one of the linux distros.
    At the very least you should abandon IE6SP1 because of whatall it can't
    do and how insecure it is. There is a tendency for people to configure
    its security loosely to enable them to partially enjoy some types of
    webpages, but that is a big mistake. They should use a different
    browser which has more capability and also more security.

    You should also stop using that browser and googlegroups to read and
    post to usenet newsgroups such as this one. You should get a newsreader
    and a newsserver, free or otherwise.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 8, 2007

  3. Jeneric

    richard Guest

    Jeneric wrote:
    > Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    >
    > I know it's ancient but I'm stuck with it.
    >
    > If you know, prey tell.
    >
    > Thanks.

    it's not the OS, it's the media and the browser that makes the
    difference. Youtube was just beginning when 98se was around. As media
    changed, so did youtube. All you need to do is to upgrade to a better
    browser and plugin the required media. Firefox would be a suitable browser.
    richard, Dec 8, 2007