    I tried to upgrade it using european version, and after upgrade is hangs
    all the time, it's imposible to use the camera.

    Did you encountered this kind of problems?

    thot, Nov 18, 2003

  2. thot

    Mikey Guest

    Yes it is possible.

    Why did you use the wrong version of the firmware?

    Can you try installing the correct version?

    --

    Mikey
    http://www.mike721.com

    Mikey, Nov 18, 2003

  3. thot

    Alan Browne Guest

    thot wrote:

    > Is it possible to damge minolta dimage 7 during upgrade?

    The typical death of equipment during firmware upgrade is a power
    failure during the upload. Did that happen? If so, you will have to
    return the camera.

    > Is it possible to upgrade to a bad version, and damage the camera?
    >
    > I tried to upgrade it using european version, and after upgrade is hangs
    > all the time, it's imposible to use the camera.

    Can you at least get to the menu for firmware upload? If so re-try.

    --
    e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.

    Alan Browne, Nov 18, 2003
  4. thot

    thot Guest

    Mikey wrote:
    > Yes it is possible.
    >
    > Why did you use the wrong version of the firmware?

    I bought second-hand camera. And now, after this upgrade I'm not sure if
    it was bouth in europe, or usa. I have no contact with the previous owner.

    > Can you try installing the correct version?

    It's imposibble, the camera is not reacting for upgrade attempts.

    thot, Nov 18, 2003
  5. thot

    thot Guest

    There was no power failure, but the damage is very similar. It hangs all
    the time, but there is menu, and something is funcioning, i can even
    take pictures but i'cant adjust completely nothing, for me it looks like
    just a part of the upgrade was made. Do you know if it can be fixed in
    minolta service? Can they clear "flash" of camera, and reinstall
    software, because I'cant.

    thot, Nov 18, 2003
  6. thot

    Mikey Guest

    I'm sure Minolta can fix it, even if they have to change the EPROM that
    holds the firmware.
    It may not be cheap though...but I doubt you have any alternatives at this
    point but to contact them.

    --

    Mikey
    http://www.mike721.com

    Mikey, Nov 18, 2003
  7. On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:01:48 -0500, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:

    >thot wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to damge minolta dimage 7 during upgrade?

    >The typical death of equipment during firmware upgrade is a power
    >failure during the upload. Did that happen? If so, you will have to
    >return the camera.
    >
    >> Is it possible to upgrade to a bad version, and damage the camera?
    >>
    >> I tried to upgrade it using european version, and after upgrade is hangs
    >> all the time, it's imposible to use the camera.

    >Can you at least get to the menu for firmware upload? If so re-try.

    There is usually a get out of jail free card on most firmware upgrade
    errors even when it seems the camera is totaly frapped, its an
    absolute basic boot loader in the prom. Most times its kicked off my
    pressing a specific combinations of buttons at power on, however most
    manufactures dont specify it in the manual and make it as dificult to
    press the combinations as possible so that it doesnt happen by
    accident. The reason for not putting it in the manual is that if it
    were, people would go and try it... and if they dont have access to
    the upgrade programs thier camera is frapped at that point.

    Try ringing them, or emailing the website.

    --
    Jonathan Wilson.
    www.somethingerotic.com

    Jonathan Wilson, Nov 20, 2003