    a change of apsi layer. Could be these?

    Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Jim

    Jerry G. Guest

    Your drivers and software must be approved for XP. Check for compatibility
    issues.

    If the drivers are correct, you may also require much larger cache space,
    and or larger RAM.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    XP is giving me a system crash using Photoshop and a Nikon
    Cooscan III scanner. I've set virtual memory to be
    controlled by the system, and it sets 384MB per drive (2),
    but after scanning 10 shots at 17.5MB each, the system
    crashes with a "writing to virtual memory error".

    Any suggestions where to start with this one? I've manually
    set the VM on my second HD to 1024MB with a system
    recommended 384MB on the first HD.

    Setting up the scanner in XP required a change of driver and

    Jerry G., Nov 7, 2003

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks Jerry - I gues an upgrade to 512MB might not be a bad
    idea, and fairly cheap. 256MB was fine for Win98SE but
    perhaps XP needs a little more....

    I upped the VM and it didn't crash again, but obviously RAM
    would be better.

    Jim

    Jim, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Jim

    dr_hardware Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > XP is giving me a system crash using Photoshop and a Nikon
    > Cooscan III scanner. I've set virtual memory to be
    > controlled by the system, and it sets 384MB per drive (2),
    > but after scanning 10 shots at 17.5MB each, the system
    > crashes with a "writing to virtual memory error".
    >
    > Any suggestions where to start with this one? I've manually
    > set the VM on my second HD to 1024MB with a system
    > recommended 384MB on the first HD.
    >
    > Setting up the scanner in XP required a change of driver and
    > a change of apsi layer. Could be these?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim

    You would be better off allowing Windows to manage the virtual memory. And,
    as Jerry mentioned, 256 MB RAM isn't much with XP. 512 MB would be the
    minumum and 1 GB would be best when using photo editing software.
    dr_hardware, Nov 7, 2003