    me where the serial number is on the 28-135 IS lens?
    All my L lenses seem to have serial numbers.

    Roger

    Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark), Mar 20, 2005

    For the Canon lens, check the face of the inner black ring (on the lens
    mount) -- the ring where the electrical contacts are located. Use a
    bright light and a powerful magnifying glass.

    , Mar 20, 2005

  3. In article <>, "Roger N. Clark (change
    username to rnclark)" <> writes
    >Hi,
    >Some of my canon lenses have serial numbers and on others I can't
    >find one. I can't find one on my 28-135 mm IS lens, for
    >example. My Kenko Pro 300 1.4 and 2x TCs don't seem to
    >have serial numbers. Is this common for more mass-produced
    >equipment to not have serial numbers, or am I just not
    >looking in the right place? If the latter, can anyone tell
    >me where the serial number is on the 28-135 IS lens?
    >All my L lenses seem to have serial numbers.
    >
    >Roger

    I can't help with the Kenkos, but can for the 28-135IS. Remove the lens
    from the camera and look at the ring of black plastic just inside the
    chromium plated mounting ring and outside the rear lens element. You
    should see a serial number impressed in that. Mine is opposite the gold
    plated electrical contacts, and is so faint it can be hard to see - you
    may need to try changing the incident light somewhat. This is a not
    uncommon location for the serial number. I don't recall seeing a Canon
    lens without one somewhere.

    David
    --
    David Littlewood

    David Littlewood, Mar 20, 2005
  4. David Littlewood wrote:

    > I can't help with the Kenkos, but can for the 28-135IS. Remove the lens
    > from the camera and look at the ring of black plastic just inside the
    > chromium plated mounting ring and outside the rear lens element. You
    > should see a serial number impressed in that. Mine is opposite the gold
    > plated electrical contacts, and is so faint it can be hard to see - you
    > may need to try changing the incident light somewhat. This is a not
    > uncommon location for the serial number. I don't recall seeing a Canon
    > lens without one somewhere.

    David,
    Thanks. I found it right where you have yours.
    I still can't find it on the Kenkos.

    Roger

    Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark), Mar 20, 2005