    Please help.

    thank you

    -Thomas
    Thomas75, Mar 25, 2008

  2. Thomas75

    Trendkill Guest

    On Mar 25, 11:20 am, Thomas75 <> wrote:
    > Hi there.
    >
    > I have a 2621 router that I would like to add serial module.
    >
    > I searched the eBay and saw 4a/s module.
    >
    > Is that good enough to do frame relay?
    >
    > I would like to have that 2621 as frame relay clooud.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > thank you
    >
    > -Thomas

    You will need a connection for each router that the cloud connects
    to. So if you are simulating three sites, you will need a frame-relay
    cloud router with 3 interfaces, and 3 routers with one interface each
    to simulate the end-points.
    Trendkill, Mar 25, 2008

  3. Thomas75 <> writes:
    >I have a 2621 router that I would like to add serial module.
    >I searched the eBay and saw 4a/s module.
    >Is that good enough to do frame relay?
    >I would like to have that 2621 as frame relay clooud.

    Sure, but what are you hooking to the other end? More routers with
    serial cards such as the WIC-1T or WIC-2T?

    Is this going to be a WAN using telco circuits? Which kind of circuits?

    Those are bigger questions on how to physically connect things rather
    than seeing if an interface supports a protocol (it almost always will
    on Cisco devices if you are matching up the right stuff).
    Doug McIntyre, Mar 25, 2008
  4. Thomas75

    Thomas75 Guest

    On Mar 25, 3:01 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > Thomas75 <> writes:
    > >I have a 2621 router that I would like to add serial module.
    > >I searched the eBay and saw 4a/s module.
    > >Is that good enough to do frame relay?
    > >I would like to have that 2621 as frame relay clooud.

    > Sure, but what are you hooking to the other end? More routers with
    > serial cards such as the WIC-1T or WIC-2T?
    >
    > Is this going to be a WAN using telco circuits? Which kind of circuits?
    >
    > Those are bigger questions on how to physically connect things rather
    > than seeing if an interface supports a protocol (it almost always will
    > on Cisco devices if you are matching up the right stuff).

    I'll use one 2621 with A/S Serial board and have two 2514s

    So I would like to use 2621 as the cloud and simulate connecting two
    2514 connecting through cloud using
    frame relay.

    -Thomas
    Thomas75, Mar 26, 2008
  5. Thomas75 <> writes:
    >On Mar 25, 3:01=A0pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    >> Thomas75 <> writes:
    >> >I have a 2621 router that I would like to add serial module.
    >> >I searched the eBay and saw 4a/s module.
    >> >Is that good enough to do frame relay?
    >> >I would like to have that 2621 as frame relay clooud.

    >> Sure, but what are you hooking to the other end? More routers with
    >> serial cards such as the WIC-1T or WIC-2T?
    >>
    >> Is this going to be a WAN using telco circuits? Which kind of circuits?
    >>
    >> Those are bigger questions on how to physically connect things rather
    >> than seeing if an interface supports a protocol (it almost always will
    >> on Cisco devices if you are matching up the right stuff).

    >I'll use one 2621 with A/S Serial board and have two 2514s

    >So I would like to use 2621 as the cloud and simulate connecting two
    >2514 connecting through cloud using frame relay.

    Okay, thats quite do-able, and fairly easy to cable. You just need the
    DCE-DTE DB60 cables. Dime a dozen on eBay (well not quite, but just a
    few bucks). You'll find setups just like this as "labs" on eBay.

    Your main limititation is the speed limits of the NM-4A/s module. You
    aren't going to get anywhere close to 2Mbps on each port, but since it
    sounds like this is lab setup, it shouldn't matter. Just keep in mind
    the limits.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/107/hw_as.shtml
    Doug McIntyre, Mar 26, 2008