    Justin Guest

    Where can I get one of these for my NT (non-USB) laptop?
    Cheers.
    Justin, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Justin

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in news:NH_Nb.209$gC5.126
    @news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > Where can I get one of these for my NT (non-USB) laptop?
    > Cheers.

    Don't know about a serial card reader, but there are PMCIA adapters for
    most types of memory cares. They're much faster than a serial reader would
    be anyway.
    Jeff Shoaf, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Justin

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:44:42 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "Justin"
    <> wrote:

    >Where can I get one of these for my NT (non-USB) laptop?

    A parallel port reader should work. Forget serial. Even if found one it
    would be abysmally slow.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
    Ed Ruf, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Justin

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Justin wrote:

    > Where can I get one of these for my NT (non-USB) laptop?
    > Cheers.

    If you have a laptop that takes PC Card (PCMCIA) cards you can just buy
    a CF card adapter for about $10. If you want to read other type cards,
    you should be able to find a serial or parallel to USB adapter on the
    internet.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Justin

    Rick Guest

    "Jeff Shoaf" <> wrote in message news:Xns9472C43552569jeffshoafalltel.net@63.223.5.95...
    > "Justin" <> wrote in news:NH_Nb.209$gC5.126
    > @news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk:
    >
    > > Where can I get one of these for my NT (non-USB) laptop?
    > > Cheers.
    > >

    > Don't know about a serial card reader, but there are PMCIA adapters for
    > most types of memory cares. They're much faster than a serial reader would
    > be anyway.

    What Jeff said.

    A 64MB memory card will take TWO HOURS to transfer
    via a serial connection. Use a PCMCIA card reader.

    Rick
    Rick, Jan 17, 2004