Separate wireless network from other network traffic using vlans onCisco 4507

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by lovembsc, Apr 29, 2010.

  1. lovembsc

    lovembsc Guest

    We are trying to use a 3Com wireless router in one of our training
    rooms to allow public internet access when in that room. We have
    jacked it into a port in a Cisco Catalyst 3500XL, which is jacked
    directly into our Cisco Catalyst 4507R. We have 6 vlans in the 4507
    switch. I had hoped to create a 7th vlan and give the users on the new
    vlan internet only access. So far, I've done everything but that. I
    created a vlan 700 on both switches and assigned the interface on the
    port in the 3500 to that vlan. I'm not sure what to do on the 4507
    though. The firewall that the users need to go through to get to the
    internet is on the same vlan that I'm trying to avoid access to for
    vlan 700.

    What I want to do is this:

    Wireless router & dhcp addresses on 192.168.100.0 network = internet
    only access
    All other networks: 172.16.0.0, 192.168.30,40,50,60 = all access
    except 192.168.100.0

    I think I need to create a few acl's, but nothing I've tried so far
    has worked.
    lovembsc, Apr 29, 2010

  2. lovembsc

    alexd Guest

    Re: Separate wireless network from other network traffic using vlanson Cisco 4507

    On 29/04/10 21:11, lovembsc wrote:

    > Wireless router& dhcp addresses on 192.168.100.0 network = internet
    > only access
    > All other networks: 172.16.0.0, 192.168.30,40,50,60 = all access
    > except 192.168.100.0
    >
    > I think I need to create a few acl's, but nothing I've tried so far
    > has worked.

    Given that you've done it six times already, why not look at the
    existing config on the relevant devices?

    In general, once a scenario is anything other than extremely trivial,
    then nobody's going to be able to post a bit of config you can just
    paste in, without seeing what configuration you've got already.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:45:32 up 2 days, 18:22, 0 users, load average: 0.50, 0.21, 0.13
    alexd, Apr 30, 2010