    For instance, if I already have an address of , can I
    set up a new account for with separate email
    inboxes? If so, where can I go to get INFO on how to do it? Thanks.

    Jack, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Jack

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| Can I set up two email accounts with different addresses on the same
    >| computer? For instance, if I already have an address of
    >| , can I set up a new account for
    >| with separate email inboxes? If so,
    >| where can I go to get INFO on how to do it? Thanks.

    Sure...since you're using Outlook Express as your email program, you want to
    look in its help files for information on how to use "Identities". If you
    read through that and still have questions, ask away!

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Jack

    °Mike° Guest

    Multiple E-mail IDs
    http://dslhelp.att.net/docs/use/email/gen/prb_xxx_xxx_morethanoneid.htm

    Shorter link:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?A3E821D89

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:22:08 GMT, in
    <kNFcd.713492$>
    Jack scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Jack

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:33:36 -0700, in
    <>
    Toolman Tim scrawled:

    >>| Can I set up two email accounts with different addresses on the same
    >>| computer? For instance, if I already have an address of
    >>| , can I set up a new account for
    >>| with separate email inboxes? If so,
    >>| where can I go to get INFO on how to do it? Thanks.

    >Sure...

    Are you really, REALLY sure? Look at the email address examples
    again.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Jack

    Don Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:33:36 -0700, in
    > <>
    > Toolman Tim scrawled:

    >>Sure...

    > Are you really, REALLY sure? Look at the email address examples
    > again.

    Well he would daft to give real email address's as examples.

    To answer the question

    In Outlook Express click tools accounts. Select the mail tab and click add.
    It will then ask you for the email address details.

    Don, Oct 18, 2004
  6. Jack

    trout Guest

    Don wrote:

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:33:36 -0700, in
    >> <>
    >> Toolman Tim scrawled:

    >>> Sure...

    >> Are you really, REALLY sure? Look at the email address examples
    >> again.

    > Well he would daft to give real email address's as examples.
    >
    > To answer the question
    >
    > In Outlook Express click tools accounts. Select the mail tab and
    > click add. It will then ask you for the email address details.

    Not the point he was making; which was that he *first* has to create
    a valid alias (or 'associate member', as AT&T calls it) for his account
    with his ISP, in order to have a second address to use.
    --
    "Didn't bother looking at the link, did you?"

    trout, Oct 18, 2004
  7. Jack

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:45:48 +0100, in
    <417390ca$0$29084$>
    "Don" <mailto:> scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:33:36 -0700, in
    >> <>
    >> Toolman Tim scrawled:

    >>>Sure...

    >> Are you really, REALLY sure? Look at the email address examples
    >> again.

    >Well he would daft to give real email address's as examples.

    That wasn't my point, at all.

    >To answer the question
    >
    >In Outlook Express click tools accounts. Select the mail tab and click add.
    >It will then ask you for the email address details.

    Nope, that does NOT answer the question.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 18, 2004
  8. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Toolman,

    I followed your advice and set up the account. However, here is my current
    problem (by the steps):

    I get to “You have successfully entered all information required to set up your
    account. To save these settings click “Finish.” I do this.

    1. Then I get “Import Messages and Address Book” window with the following
    message: “Outlook Express has detected previously installed email software.
    You can choose have Outlook Express import your messages and address book,
    so you can use them with Outlook Express.” I select “Import From” –
    (Microsoft Exchange or Outlook or Windows messaging) and click NEXT

    2. I get “Import Messages and Address Book” window “What would you like to
    import?” I select “Messages and Address Book.”

    3. I get a “Choose Profile” window. The words “Windows Messaging Settings”
    are already in the “Profile Name” box so I click “OK.” – even though I am not
    sure about this step.

    4. I get a “Microsoft Mail” window with “Post Office”, “Mailbox” and “Password”
    boxes to be completed.

    I do not know what to put into the "Post Office" and "Mailbox" boxes. And, I do
    not know how to find this INFO.

    ******************************

    Jack, Oct 18, 2004
  9. Jack

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I don't believe you need to complete that wizard. It's more for use in an
    office enviroment. If you do want to do that import, you would want to
    import from "Outlook Express 6", not from the other options. If the OE6
    option isn't there, then you really don't want to import that way.

    °Mike° is correct though that you need to have a second email address set up
    at your ISP. Then set up the new identity to use that new email address. If
    you wish to copy the existing address book into the new account, or copy the
    messages already in the first account, that can be done too, although it's
    not essential. After there are two identities with different email
    addresses, you can have privacy.

    I thought about something else that might have been easier, if privacy isn't
    an issue. I have several email accounts all being brought into OE and sorted
    by ISP. That means in my Inbox, I have a folder for each account. Then, when
    email comes in for the account, it goes in the 123 folder. Email
    for the goes in the YYY folder. That is done with Tools, Message
    Rules. But there is no privacy, since the current user can see what is in
    either the 123 or YYY folder.

    >| Toolman,
    >|
    >| I followed your advice and set up the account. However, here is my
    >| current problem (by the steps):
    >|
    >| I get to "You have successfully entered all information required to
    >| set up your account. To save these settings click "Finish." I do
    >| this.
    >|
    >| 1. Then I get "Import Messages and Address Book" window with the
    >| following message: "Outlook Express has detected previously
    >| installed email software. You can choose have Outlook Express import
    >| your messages and address book,
    >| so you can use them with Outlook Express." I select "Import From" -
    >| (Microsoft Exchange or Outlook or Windows messaging) and click NEXT
    >|
    >| 2. I get "Import Messages and Address Book" window "What would you
    >| like to import?" I select "Messages and Address Book."
    >|
    >| 3. I get a "Choose Profile" window. The words "Windows Messaging
    >| Settings" are already in the "Profile Name" box so I click "OK." -
    >| even though I am not sure about this step.
    >|
    >| 4. I get a "Microsoft Mail" window with "Post Office", "Mailbox"
    >| and "Password" boxes to be completed.
    >|
    >| I do not know what to put into the "Post Office" and "Mailbox"
    >| boxes. And, I do not know how to find this INFO.
    >|
    >| ******************************
    >|
    >| "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >| >
    >| > Sure...since you're using Outlook Express as your email program,
    >| > you want to look in its help files for information on how to use
    >| > "Identities". If you read through that and still have questions,
    >| > ask away!
    >| >
    >| > --
    >| > "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go
    >| > where THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 19, 2004
  10. Jack

    T. Thomas Guest

    Absolutely! If Outlook Express is your email program, create seprate
    identities for each account.

    T. Thomas, Oct 19, 2004