    Kind Regards
    Ben Lord
    The New Inkjet Company

    Ben Lord, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Ben Lord

    Dennis Guest

    Are you getting any sort of error message? Perhaps your ISP requires
    authentication?

    Dennis, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Ben Lord

    Jerry G. Guest

    Are your messages actually leaving??? Get in touch with your friends or
    whatever, and see if they really got the messages!

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Oct 29, 2003
  4. Ben Lord

    Liz Guest

    OL2000: Sent Items Remain in Outbox
    http://tinyurl.com/srvb

    How to Troubleshoot Mail Stuck in the Outbox
    http://tinyurl.com/srvo

    Liz, Oct 29, 2003
  5. Ben Lord

    Eugene Kent Guest

    If the message goes to your outbox, it means that either you are not
    connected to the internet or there is an error.
    Hit the send receive button and it will send the message or an error will
    show.

    Eugene Kent, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Ben Lord

    Ben Lord Guest

    I've tried looking at these and I did these points initally and still
    nothing. Also, the messages are definately being delivered.
    --
    Kind Regards
    Ben Lord

    Ben Lord, Oct 29, 2003
  7. Have you got it set up to put messages in the sent items folder.
    Start up Outlook Express-Click on "Tools" then "Options" and click on the
    "Send" tab. Put a tick in the box that says "Save copy of sent messages in
    the "Sent Items" folder. Hope it works. jimac
    "Ben Lord" <> wrote in message
    > I've tried looking at these and I did these points initally and still
    > nothing. Also, the messages are definately being delivered.
    > --
    > Kind Regards
    > Ben Lord
    > The New Inkjet Company
    > "Liz" <> wrote in message
    > > OL2000: Sent Items Remain in Outbox
    > > http://tinyurl.com/srvb
    > >
    > > How to Troubleshoot Mail Stuck in the Outbox
    > > http://tinyurl.com/srvo
    > >

    > > "Ben Lord" wrote:
    > > > Have got Outlook 2000 on Win 2000
    > > >
    > > > Why is it that when a message is sent, it is not moved into the Sent

    > Items
    > > > folder, it remains in the Outbox as being unsent?
    > > >
    > > > Please advise.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Kind Regards
    > > > Ben Lord
    > > > The New Inkjet Company

    ---

    Jim McQuillan, Oct 29, 2003
  8. Ben Lord

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Jim McQuillan said:

    > Have you got it set up to put messages in the sent items folder.
    > Start up Outlook Express-Click on "Tools" then "Options" and click on the
    > "Send" tab. Put a tick in the box that says "Save copy of sent messages in
    > the "Sent Items" folder. Hope it works. jimac

    It doesn't get copied to the sent folder until it has been sent.
    If it is still sitting in the Outbox, it obviously hasn't been sent.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 29, 2003
  9. He says the messages have definitely been sent. jimac
    "Ralph Mann" <> wrote in message
    > Jim McQuillan said:
    >
    > > Have you got it set up to put messages in the sent items folder.
    > > Start up Outlook Express-Click on "Tools" then "Options" and click on

    the
    > > "Send" tab. Put a tick in the box that says "Save copy of sent messages

    in
    > > the "Sent Items" folder. Hope it works. jimac

    > It doesn't get copied to the sent folder until it has been sent.
    > If it is still sitting in the Outbox, it obviously hasn't been sent.
    >
    > > "Ben Lord" <> wrote in message
    > >> I've tried looking at these and I did these points initally and still
    > >> nothing. Also, the messages are definately being delivered.
    > >> --
    > >> Kind Regards
    > >> Ben Lord
    > >> The New Inkjet Company
    > >> "Liz" <> wrote in message

    Items

    > > ---

    ---

    Jim McQuillan, Oct 29, 2003
  10. Ben Lord

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Ben Lord said:

    > Have got Outlook 2000 on Win 2000
    >
    > Why is it that when a message is sent, it is not moved into the Sent Items
    > folder, it remains in the Outbox as being unsent?
    >
    > Please advise.

    It could be that the server was offline at the time you chose to send, or that
    your timed send/rec was doing it's thing at the same time you hit send.
    Usually waiting until the timed send/rec finishes and then pressing send, allows
    your post to transmit.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 29, 2003
  11. Ben Lord

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Jim McQuillan said:

    > He says the messages have definitely been sent. jimac

    Ah, I admit I missed that part, that's what is annoying about top posting.
    Oh well.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 29, 2003
  12. Ben Lord

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Ralph Mann said:

    > Ben Lord said:
    >
    >> Have got Outlook 2000 on Win 2000
    >>
    >> Why is it that when a message is sent, it is not moved into the Sent Items
    >> folder, it remains in the Outbox as being unsent?
    >>
    >> Please advise.

    > It could be that the server was offline at the time you chose to send, or that
    > your timed send/rec was doing it's thing at the same time you hit send.
    > Usually waiting until the timed send/rec finishes and then pressing send,
    > allows your post to transmit.

    I see that you stated that the posts were actually getting out, so will add that
    this could also happen for the same reasons given above.
    Furthermore, I notice you are using OE 5, and would suggest you upgrade to ver
    6.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 29, 2003
  13. Ben Lord

    Ben Lord Guest

    I am actually using Outlook 2000 and Using OE5 to use as News Posts. There
    is no exchange server connected to this PC - just a stand alone and also.
    This has been happening for almost a week now and is becoming very
    irritating and I need it to revert back to old method.
    --
    Kind Regards
    Ben Lord

    Ben Lord, Oct 29, 2003
  14. Ben Lord

    karenkay

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    i have same problem

    hi Ben,

    did you ever solve this problem as i have the same one.

    i am using outlook express 6.

    it is a real pain becasue i am getitng feedback that my emails are being recieved, but they are not leaving my outbox, nor are they being stored in my sent folder. so it feels like hit and miss

    any ideas?
    Karen

    karenkay, Jul 19, 2006
  15. Ben Lord

    karenkay

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    problem solved!

    all i did was simply delete a years worth of emails fomr my 'sent' folder!

    it works fine now, and i thnk i had just run out of space in the sent folder, so the outbox had nowhere to put the 'sent' emails!

    sorted!
    :)

    karenkay, Jul 19, 2006
  16. Ben Lord

    vfxproducer

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Same problem, same fix. After deleting the 16,384 old messages in my sent items folder, it works fine now. I knew that Outlook had trouble dealing with a .pst file that is too big, but did not know that having too much in a single folder was a problem, even if the .pst file is an acceptable size.

    vfxproducer, Dec 18, 2007
  17. Ben Lord

    AllAboutEvents

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I'm having the problem too

    I am experiencing he problem as well. I have Outlook Express. It started two days ago with no changes in the system that I know of. If I send a message, it does get delivered (I've performed many tests to make sure) but the message doesn't move from the outbox. I have to cc myself to get a copy of anything important I'm sending and then manually remove items from the outbox so that they don't get sent multiple times. I've tried restoring to an earlier point, doing virus and worm scans, and calling the Toshiba help line. Please let me know if you get any good solutions to the problem. I'm still at a loss on this one.

    AllAboutEvents, Apr 4, 2009