    Green Clean Mini Vac system?
    I am so tired of removing dustparticles from the sensor of my Nikon D-70

    Eric
    Black Nikon, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Black Nikon

    AugieG Guest

    Black Nikon wrote:

    > Who was experience with cleaning of CCD sensor (of Nikon D-70) using the
    > Green Clean Mini Vac system?
    > I am so tired of removing dustparticles from the sensor of my Nikon D-70
    >
    > Eric

    Vacuum cleaning devices make me a bit uneasy WRT probing inside a DSLR
    with them. Have you tried sensor brushes? I got a set on eBay for about
    $12 - they keep my sensor nice and clean. Pretty easy to do (easier than
    wet cleaning, for sure). Seller was 'bearislandtc' IIRC.

    Augie
    AugieG, Jun 13, 2005

  3. Black Nikon

    Tony Hwang Guest

    AugieG wrote:
    > Black Nikon wrote:
    >
    >> Who was experience with cleaning of CCD sensor (of Nikon D-70) using
    >> the Green Clean Mini Vac system?
    >> I am so tired of removing dustparticles from the sensor of my Nikon D-70
    >>
    >> Eric
    >>

    > Vacuum cleaning devices make me a bit uneasy WRT probing inside a DSLR
    > with them. Have you tried sensor brushes? I got a set on eBay for about
    > $12 - they keep my sensor nice and clean. Pretty easy to do (easier than
    > wet cleaning, for sure). Seller was 'bearislandtc' IIRC.
    >
    > Augie

    Hi,
    Think static when cleaning.
    Tony
    Tony Hwang, Jun 13, 2005
  4. In article <a7d33$42ad7836$5039b416$>,
    "Black Nikon" <> wrote:

    > Who was experience with cleaning of CCD sensor (of Nikon D-70) using the
    > Green Clean Mini Vac system?
    > I am so tired of removing dustparticles from the sensor of my Nikon D-70
    >
    > Eric

    Use a combination bulb and brush to get all of the dust out of there so
    it stops falling back onto the CCD.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Jun 14, 2005
  5. Black Nikon

    AugieG Guest

    Tony Hwang wrote:

    > AugieG wrote:
    >
    >> Black Nikon wrote:
    >>
    >>> Who was experience with cleaning of CCD sensor (of Nikon D-70) using
    >>> the Green Clean Mini Vac system?
    >>> I am so tired of removing dustparticles from the sensor of my Nikon D-70
    >>>
    >>> Eric
    >>>

    >> Vacuum cleaning devices make me a bit uneasy WRT probing inside a DSLR
    >> with them. Have you tried sensor brushes? I got a set on eBay for
    >> about $12 - they keep my sensor nice and clean. Pretty easy to do
    >> (easier than wet cleaning, for sure). Seller was 'bearislandtc' IIRC.
    >>
    >> Augie

    > Hi,
    > Think static when cleaning.
    > Tony

    I'm not sure what your point is here?

    A slight static charge is your friend, when imparted to a brush before
    cleaning the sensor. By blowing 'canned air' through the brush before
    each swipe, the brush picks up some static, and the dust is then
    literally pulled off the sensor. So much so that only the lightest of
    touch on the sensor surface is required.

    Hundreds if not thousands of photogs are using this technique on DSLR's
    around the world, and I haven't heard of a single case of the slight
    charge being a problem, if that's what you're implying? It's by far the
    easiest and safest way I've found to clean the sensor, and I've tried
    several...

    Augie
    AugieG, Jun 15, 2005
  6. In article <boOre.10025$>,
    AugieG <> wrote:

    > Tony Hwang wrote:
    >
    > > AugieG wrote:

    > >> Vacuum cleaning devices make me a bit uneasy WRT probing inside a DSLR
    > >> with them. Have you tried sensor brushes? I got a set on eBay for
    > >> about $12 - they keep my sensor nice and clean. Pretty easy to do
    > >> (easier than wet cleaning, for sure). Seller was 'bearislandtc' IIRC.
    > >>
    > >> Augie

    > > Hi,
    > > Think static when cleaning.
    > > Tony

    > I'm not sure what your point is here?
    >
    > A slight static charge is your friend, when imparted to a brush before
    > cleaning the sensor. By blowing 'canned air' through the brush before
    > each swipe, the brush picks up some static, and the dust is then
    > literally pulled off the sensor. So much so that only the lightest of
    > touch on the sensor surface is required.
    >
    > Hundreds if not thousands of photogs are using this technique on DSLR's
    > around the world, and I haven't heard of a single case of the slight
    > charge being a problem, if that's what you're implying? It's by far the
    > easiest and safest way I've found to clean the sensor, and I've tried
    > several...
    >
    > Augie

    True. Static charges are only a problem when they collect on large
    areas of a good conductor. The Green-Cleen vacuum is an unpowered
    plastic siphon device.

    I'd only worry about bumping a bare metal vacuum cleaner hose against
    exposed electronics. The AC power lines coiled in some hoses leak
    current when they get old and dirty. Worse yet, the bare metal hose
    would crack the AA screen :)
    Kevin McMurtrie, Jun 15, 2005