    bought the cleaning kit when I went back there again. Since then the
    included blower is all I have had to use.

    Bernard.

    Bernard Rother, Nov 29, 2007

  2. Bernard Rother

    Rich Guest

    On Nov 29, 9:33 am, Bernard Rother
    <> wrote:
    > oops .... the "missing" posts are back. View -> Threads -> All etc.
    >
    > Does anyone else here use a Sensor Klear ( By LensPen ) brush on the
    > their sensors ?
    >
    > About 6 months ago I took my D70 to our local photo shop and said I'll
    > pay him to clean the sensor. There were a couple of particles which no
    > amount of blowing or wiping with an anti static brush would remove. He
    > hauled out the Sensor Klear brush and deftly wiped the sensor for me ...
    > no charge.
    >
    > Went home and took a few test shots and was amazed at the result. I
    > bought the cleaning kit when I went back there again. Since then the
    > included blower is all I have had to use.
    >
    > Bernard.

    Is this another $80 make-up brush?

    Rich, Nov 29, 2007

  3. Bernard Rother

    Paul Furman Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > On Nov 29, 9:33 am, Bernard Rother
    > <> wrote:
    >> oops .... the "missing" posts are back. View -> Threads -> All etc.
    >>
    >> Does anyone else here use a Sensor Klear ( By LensPen ) brush on the
    >> their sensors ?
    >>
    >> About 6 months ago I took my D70 to our local photo shop and said I'll
    >> pay him to clean the sensor. There were a couple of particles which no
    >> amount of blowing or wiping with an anti static brush would remove. He
    >> hauled out the Sensor Klear brush and deftly wiped the sensor for me ...
    >> no charge.
    >>
    >> Went home and took a few test shots and was amazed at the result. I
    >> bought the cleaning kit when I went back there again. Since then the
    >> included blower is all I have had to use.
    >>
    >> Bernard.

    > Is this another $80 make-up brush?

    Some kind of replaceable nib that's good for (50?) cleanings. Comes with
    a brush for the mirror box (not for the sensor) and a rocket blower in
    the kit. I use a rocket blower & $1.99 makeup brush & haven't had to wet
    clean since using a brush. I had pecpads & eclipse but the eclipse
    evaporated & that was really a pain to use so if the brush ever fails to
    work this might be interesting.

    Paul Furman, Nov 29, 2007
  4. Paul Furman wrote:
    > Rich wrote:
    >> On Nov 29, 9:33 am, Bernard Rother
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> oops .... the "missing" posts are back. View -> Threads -> All etc.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone else here use a Sensor Klear ( By LensPen ) brush on the
    >>> their sensors ?
    >>>
    >>> About 6 months ago I took my D70 to our local photo shop and said I'll
    >>> pay him to clean the sensor. There were a couple of particles which no
    >>> amount of blowing or wiping with an anti static brush would remove. He
    >>> hauled out the Sensor Klear brush and deftly wiped the sensor for me ...
    >>> no charge.
    >>>
    >>> Went home and took a few test shots and was amazed at the result. I
    >>> bought the cleaning kit when I went back there again. Since then the
    >>> included blower is all I have had to use.
    >>>
    >>> Bernard.

    >> Is this another $80 make-up brush?

    > Some kind of replaceable nib that's good for (50?) cleanings. Comes with
    > a brush for the mirror box (not for the sensor) and a rocket blower in
    > the kit. I use a rocket blower & $1.99 makeup brush & haven't had to wet
    > clean since using a brush. I had pecpads & eclipse but the eclipse
    > evaporated & that was really a pain to use so if the brush ever fails to
    > work this might be interesting.

    Paul, you're correct there. I use the blower first. If that doesn't
    clear it then I use an artist's brush after blowing compressed air
    through it. I've used the Sensor Klear pad once since I've bought it.

    The pen has some sort of chemical stored inside the cap & whenever you
    replace the cap it replenishes the pad. I forget the price but it really
    wasn't something to hassle about ... less than the price of a UV filter.

    Bernard Rother, Nov 29, 2007
  5. Bernard Rother

    Scott W Guest

    Bernard Rother wrote:
    > oops .... the "missing" posts are back. View -> Threads -> All etc.
    >
    > Does anyone else here use a Sensor Klear ( By LensPen ) brush on the
    > their sensors ?
    >
    > About 6 months ago I took my D70 to our local photo shop and said I'll
    > pay him to clean the sensor. There were a couple of particles which no
    > amount of blowing or wiping with an anti static brush would remove. He
    > hauled out the Sensor Klear brush and deftly wiped the sensor for me ...
    > no charge.
    >
    > Went home and took a few test shots and was amazed at the result. I
    > bought the cleaning kit when I went back there again. Since then the
    > included blower is all I have had to use.

    I mostly find it is rare that I have to clean my sensor. When I do need
    to clean it one of those bulb blowers seems to work much of the time.

    If that does not work I use a bit of distiled water on a cotton swab.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 29, 2007
  6. Bernard Rother

    Rich Guest

    On Nov 29, 1:06 pm, Paul Furman <> wrote:
    > Rich wrote:
    > > On Nov 29, 9:33 am, Bernard Rother
    > > <> wrote:
    > >> oops .... the "missing" posts are back. View -> Threads -> All etc.

    > >> Does anyone else here use a Sensor Klear ( By LensPen ) brush on the
    > >> their sensors ?

    > >> About 6 months ago I took my D70 to our local photo shop and said I'll
    > >> pay him to clean the sensor. There were a couple of particles which no
    > >> amount of blowing or wiping with an anti static brush would remove. He
    > >> hauled out the Sensor Klear brush and deftly wiped the sensor for me ...
    > >> no charge.

    > >> Went home and took a few test shots and was amazed at the result. I
    > >> bought the cleaning kit when I went back there again. Since then the
    > >> included blower is all I have had to use.

    > >> Bernard.

    > > Is this another $80 make-up brush?

    > Some kind of replaceable nib that's good for (50?) cleanings. Comes with
    > a brush for the mirror box (not for the sensor) and a rocket blower in
    > the kit. I use a rocket blower & $1.99 makeup brush & haven't had to wet
    > clean since using a brush. I had pecpads & eclipse but the eclipse
    > evaporated & that was really a pain to use so if the brush ever fails to
    > work this might be interesting.

    But wait! Now you can buy a butterfly brush, wet cleaning supplies, a
    loupe-viewer for the sensor...all for about $200.00.

    Rich, Nov 30, 2007