    continually!! Also, would you wait for the D70 to come out, or will the D100 be
    a better camera?
    Many thanks!

    SHoff1945, Jan 24, 2004

  2. SHoff1945

    John Horner Guest

    > Also, would you wait for the D70 to come out, or will the D100 be
    > a better camera?

    At this point I would wait and see unless you have a pressing need for a new
    digital SLR right now.

    Digital cameras are like computers ... waiting always pays off if you can.

    John

    John Horner, Jan 24, 2004

  3. SHoff1945

    TimM Guest

    > I'm considering going to the Nikon D100 from a Sony 717. I have several
    good
    > pieces ofNikon glass, but what concerns me is getting dust on the sensor.

    Is
    > removing the dust difficult? I don't want to have to take it to a repair

    shop
    > continually!!

    I had the same dilemma and decided to take the plunge with a D100. I also
    bought an F80 (the controls are almost identical).

    I haven't had to remove the dust yet, but have found a few useful links ...

    1. The cheapest place in the UK, who clean it while you wait
    http://www.fixationuk.com/

    2. Some special bits to do it yourself
    http://www.digipad.co.uk/

    3. An excellent ebook and advice about the D100 (well worth the money). The
    site also contains tips about cleaning the CCD
    http://www.bythom.com/d100guide.htm

    Hope these help!

    Tim

    TimM, Jan 24, 2004
  4. On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:08:12 -0800, "John Horner" <>
    wrote:

    >> Also, would you wait for the D70 to come out, or will the D100 be
    >> a better camera?

    >At this point I would wait and see unless you have a pressing need for a new
    >digital SLR right now.
    >
    >Digital cameras are like computers ... waiting always pays off if you can.

    And no matter how long you wait there will be something better out the
    next week.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Jan 24, 2004