    A) The bellows action of zoom lenses
    B) Changing lenses

    Andrew

    Andrew, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Andrew

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Andrew wrote:

    > Which is responsible for more sensor dust on SLRs?
    >
    > A) The bellows action of zoom lenses

    FWIW, I've had far LESS problem with sensor dust since I started using my Canon
    100-400L lens.

    The 100-400L is a push-pull zoom and it acts as a -major- bellows.. You can
    feel (and even hear) a strong breeze blowing from it when you zoom in or out
    quickly.

    I don't know this for a fact, but I really believe it keeps the sensor cleaner
    by blowing dust off the surface..

    > B) Changing lenses

    I bought my 10D with one lens.. I used it for a week and never saw any sensor
    dust.. until I bought my second lens and started swapping. Then it happened.

    I have five lenses now, but as I say, the 100-400L seems to have minimized the
    problem. I do use it a lot.

    Of course, buying an SLR with interchangeable lenses and not changing lenses is
    silly :)

    Jim Townsend, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Andrew

    Fred Mueller Guest

    I'm buying a Rebel DSLR soon. What's the recommended procedure to remove
    sensor dust?

    Fred Mueller, Sep 30, 2003
  4. canon recommends blower, but from my experience it's not efficient way
    u can go to closest canon service and they do excellent cleaning in 5
    minutes
    or u can try to use such as eclipse solutions etc... go to dpreview.com
    forum, there is many talks about this problem
    kind regards,
    Tomash

    Tomash Bednarz, Sep 30, 2003