Sensitivity differences in cameras is REAL!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Mar 16, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    I started talking about this back when I had my Pentax K10D. It (and
    my later K20D) were at least 1 stop slower than my Olympus gear and
    0.7 stops slower than my Nikon gear. Lots of people didn't believe
    it, but there was no way around the fact an f4.0 lens setting on the
    Olympus gave the same result as f2.8 on the Pentax. It appears now
    the OM-D is less sensitive than the G3 (and likely other cameras)
    which I know itself is less sensitive than my old G1. So the result
    is that noise levels are NOT directly comparable based on "like"
    exposures and apertures.
    This, from Dpreview:

    By R Butler (41 min ago)

    The cameras are middle-grey matched. We think that showing you what
    the results look like when correctly exposed is far more useful that
    showing one camera under or over-exposed, since most people try to
    shoot correctly exposed images, rather than insisting on using a
    specific shutter speed and aperture.

    RichA, Mar 16, 2012