    * Significant experience managing large numbers of heterogeneous servers
    * Complex debugging skills (strace, lsof, tcpdump, etc)
    * Enjoy working in fast paced, chaotic environment

    CTF, Mar 9, 2006

  2. CTF

    CTF Guest

    CTF wrote:
    > Hi everyone.
    >
    > Weta Digital, based in Miramar, Wellington are looking for a Senior Unix
    > Systems Administrator.

    > * 5+ Years in a senior Unix system administration role
    > * 2+ Years team lead experience
    > * Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise and manage
    > multiple projects
    > * In depth knowledge of Linux (Irix, Solaris and AIX a plus)
    > * Significant experience programming in C and Perl
    > * Significant experience managing large numbers of heterogeneous servers
    > * Complex debugging skills (strace, lsof, tcpdump, etc)
    > * Enjoy working in fast paced, chaotic environment

    Opps - I hit 'send' before finishing the post.

    If you're interested in the position, please send your cv to...

    Adam Shand
    Operations Manager
    Weta Digital
    9 - 11 Manuka St
    Miramar
    Wellington

    or via email ashand{at}wetafx.co.nz

    I'm happy to answer any general questions about working at Weta, but
    can't answer any specifics you might have about the position (you'll
    need to contact the Operations Manager about that).

    Cheers, and thanks for letting me post here :)

    CTF, Mar 9, 2006

  3. CTF

    thing2 Guest

    CTF wrote:
    > CTF wrote:
    >
    >> Hi everyone.
    >>
    >> Weta Digital, based in Miramar, Wellington are looking for a Senior
    >> Unix Systems Administrator.

    >> * 5+ Years in a senior Unix system administration role
    >> * 2+ Years team lead experience
    >> * Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise and manage
    >> multiple projects
    >> * In depth knowledge of Linux (Irix, Solaris and AIX a plus)
    >> * Significant experience programming in C and Perl
    >> * Significant experience managing large numbers of heterogeneous servers
    >> * Complex debugging skills (strace, lsof, tcpdump, etc)
    >> * Enjoy working in fast paced, chaotic environment
    >>

    > Opps - I hit 'send' before finishing the post.
    >
    > If you're interested in the position, please send your cv to...
    >
    > Adam Shand
    > Operations Manager
    > Weta Digital
    > 9 - 11 Manuka St
    > Miramar
    > Wellington
    >
    > or via email ashand{at}wetafx.co.nz
    >
    > I'm happy to answer any general questions about working at Weta, but
    > can't answer any specifics you might have about the position (you'll
    > need to contact the Operations Manager about that).
    >
    > Cheers, and thanks for letting me post here :)

    heh, team leads are really hard to find.....5 years sounds light for
    that lot of skills....

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Mar 9, 2006
  4. CTF

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:34:43 +1300, thing2 <>
    wrote:

    >heh, team leads are really hard to find.....5 years sounds light for
    >that lot of skills....

    How old is Linux now?

    Craig Shore, Mar 9, 2006
  5. On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:22:51 +1300, Craig Shore wrote:

    > On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:34:43 +1300, thing2 <> wrote:
    >
    >>heh, team leads are really hard to find.....5 years sounds light for that
    >>lot of skills....

    > How old is Linux now?

    First release in 1992. That makes it 14 years old.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    Jono Bacon: "I deal with companies every day that are moving over to Linux,
    and it does all the things that they want."

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 9, 2006
  6. CTF

    thing2 Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:34:43 +1300, thing2 <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>heh, team leads are really hard to find.....5 years sounds light for
    >>that lot of skills....

    > How old is Linux now?

    I started looking for Linux jobs in 2000, realistically, in terms of
    Enterprises / serious commercial use, Linux is only at most 5~6 years old.

    My comment is not aimed at Linux but at the skill level of a 5 year
    Linux/Solaris system admin which they ask for. I would expect my skill
    set at the 6+ year mark to be pretty reasonable, no where near what they
    are asking for though in terms of breadth of knowledge. The people I do
    know at that level and breadth are 10 year plus people, few of them, and
    all at the top of their game as well.

    Unix team leads are very hard to fill, usually if my last employer and
    even this one are anything to go by the push/force a unix admin to
    become tech/team lead.

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Mar 9, 2006
  7. CTF

    Steve Guest

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 00:02:08 +1300, Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:

    > On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:22:51 +1300, Craig Shore wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:34:43 +1300, thing2 <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>heh, team leads are really hard to find.....5 years sounds light for that
    >>>lot of skills....

    >> How old is Linux now?

    > First release in 1992. That makes it 14 years old.
    >

    > Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Interestingly there's no mention of salary...! Now if this was in Chch,
    then I'd be interested. BUT got no perl. Bugger. I'll swap that for
    Slowlaris, HP-UX, DEC Ultrix - all 5+years, and not concurrent?

    :)

    Steve

    Steve, Mar 12, 2006
  8. On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:00:27 +1300, Steve wrote:

    > Interestingly there's no mention of salary...! Now if this was in Chch,
    > then I'd be interested. BUT got no perl. Bugger. I'll swap that for
    > Slowlaris, HP-UX, DEC Ultrix - all 5+years, and not concurrent?

    That's a goodly amount of experience you've got there. :eek:)

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 12, 2006