Senior lesson for the day

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Sep 12, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on
    a long flight.

    The lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb that he could
    get one over on them easy.

    So the lawyer asks if the senior would like to play a fun game.

    The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he
    politely declines and tries to catch a few winks.

    The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun. I
    ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only
    $5. Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you
    $500, he says.

    This catches the senior's attention and, to keep the lawyer
    quiet, he agrees to play the game.

    The lawyer asks the first question. 'What's the distance
    from the Earth to the Moon?'

    The senior doesn't say a word, but reaches into his pocket,
    pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.

    Now it's the senior's turn. He asks the lawyer, 'What goes
    up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?'

    The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he
    can find on the Net.

    He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows; all to
    no avail. After an hour of searching, he finally gives up.

    He wakes the senior and hands him $500. The senior pockets
    the $500 and goes right back to sleep.

    The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes
    the senior up and asks, 'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs
    and comes down with four?'

    The senior reaches into his pocket, hands the lawyer $5,
    and goes back to sleep.
    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Sep 12, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:19:18 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on
    > a long flight.
    >
    > The lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb that he could
    > get one over on them easy.
    >
    > So the lawyer asks if the senior would like to play a fun game.
    >
    > The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he
    > politely declines and tries to catch a few winks.
    >
    > The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun. I
    > ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only
    > $5. Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you
    > $500, he says.
    >
    > This catches the senior's attention and, to keep the lawyer
    > quiet, he agrees to play the game.
    >
    > The lawyer asks the first question. 'What's the distance
    > from the Earth to the Moon?'
    >
    > The senior doesn't say a word, but reaches into his pocket,
    > pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.
    >
    > Now it's the senior's turn. He asks the lawyer, 'What goes
    > up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?'
    >
    > The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he
    > can find on the Net.
    >
    > He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows; all to
    > no avail. After an hour of searching, he finally gives up.
    >
    > He wakes the senior and hands him $500. The senior pockets
    > the $500 and goes right back to sleep.
    >
    > The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes
    > the senior up and asks, 'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs
    > and comes down with four?'
    >
    > The senior reaches into his pocket, hands the lawyer $5,
    > and goes back to sleep.

    I heard this years ago and there was an answer to it. But I have no clues
    now what it is.

    My parents went on a trip that went through the panama canal. As a game one
    of the officers of the ship asked a set of questions, with the winner
    getting a free drink. My dad got 3 free drinks out of it.
    I kind of recall two of the questions.
    1) what is the largest single sporting event?
    2) how long will it take the ship to reach the other end of the canal?

    1 may not be worded correctly but the answer is the Indianapolis 500 race.
    For 2 he gave something like 8 and a half hours and was off only by a few
    minutes.
    richard, Sep 12, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/11/2010 9:52 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:19:18 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on
    >> a long flight.
    >>

    > I heard this years ago and there was an answer to it.

    <g>
    OldGringo38, Sep 12, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 23:23:30 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/11/2010 9:52 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:19:18 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on
    >>> a long flight.
    >>>

    >> I heard this years ago and there was an answer to it.

    > <g>

    found some interesting answers using google.
    richard, Sep 12, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    joevan Guest

    <> wrote:

    > A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on
    >a long flight.
    >
    > The lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb that he could
    >get one over on them easy.
    >
    > So the lawyer asks if the senior would like to play a fun game.
    >
    > The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he
    >politely declines and tries to catch a few winks.
    >
    > The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun. I
    >ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only
    >$5. Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you
    >$500, he says.
    >
    > This catches the senior's attention and, to keep the lawyer
    >quiet, he agrees to play the game.
    >
    > The lawyer asks the first question. 'What's the distance
    >from the Earth to the Moon?'
    >
    > The senior doesn't say a word, but reaches into his pocket,
    >pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.
    >
    > Now it's the senior's turn. He asks the lawyer, 'What goes
    >up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?'
    >
    > The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he
    >can find on the Net.
    >
    > He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows; all to
    >no avail. After an hour of searching, he finally gives up.
    >
    > He wakes the senior and hands him $500. The senior pockets
    >the $500 and goes right back to sleep.
    >
    > The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes
    >the senior up and asks, 'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs
    >and comes down with four?'
    >
    > The senior reaches into his pocket, hands the lawyer $5,
    >and goes back to sleep.

    That proves it. Lawyers ain't so smart.
    joevan, Sep 12, 2010
  6. OldGringo38 <> via news:i6hdb9$sko$-
    september.org:

    > A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on
    > a long flight.
    >
    > The lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb that he could
    > get one over on them easy.
    >
    > So the lawyer asks if the senior would like to play a fun game.
    >
    > The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he
    > politely declines and tries to catch a few winks.
    >
    > The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun. I
    > ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only
    > $5. Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you
    > $500, he says.
    >
    > This catches the senior's attention and, to keep the lawyer
    > quiet, he agrees to play the game.
    >
    > The lawyer asks the first question. 'What's the distance
    > from the Earth to the Moon?'
    >
    > The senior doesn't say a word, but reaches into his pocket,
    > pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.
    >
    > Now it's the senior's turn. He asks the lawyer, 'What goes
    > up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?'
    >
    > The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he
    > can find on the Net.
    >
    > He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows; all to
    > no avail. After an hour of searching, he finally gives up.
    >
    > He wakes the senior and hands him $500. The senior pockets
    > the $500 and goes right back to sleep.
    >
    > The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes
    > the senior up and asks, 'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs
    > and comes down with four?'
    >
    > The senior reaches into his pocket, hands the lawyer $5,
    > and goes back to sleep.

    When I heard it the "lawyer" was a Baptist Pastor...
    (I always wondered if the senior had one of those
    yellow counterfeit-pens like they use at Macy's)

    Please get your facts correct before posting in the future.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

    http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 12, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/12/2010 8:10 AM Just to please that super-ego, Anyolmouse wrote the
    following tidbit of information:

    > "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >> On 9/12/2010 3:15 AM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:19:18 -0500, OldGringo38
    >>> <> wrote:

    > <Snipped.>
    >

    >> I've heard they fall in the same bracket as a used car salesman.<g>
    >>
    >> --
    >> OldGringo38
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    > Or politicians-<G>

    right on, :)

    OldGringo38, Sep 12, 2010
  8. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/12/2010 8:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> via news:i6hdb9$sko$-
    > september.org:
    >

    >> A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on
    >> a long flight.
    >>
    >> The lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb that he could
    >> get one over on them easy.
    >>
    >> So the lawyer asks if the senior would like to play a fun game.
    >>
    >> The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he
    >> politely declines and tries to catch a few winks.
    >>
    >> The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun. I
    >> ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only
    >> $5. Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you
    >> $500, he says.
    >>
    >> This catches the senior's attention and, to keep the lawyer
    >> quiet, he agrees to play the game.
    >>
    >> The lawyer asks the first question. 'What's the distance
    >> from the Earth to the Moon?'
    >>
    >> The senior doesn't say a word, but reaches into his pocket,
    >> pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.
    >>
    >> Now it's the senior's turn. He asks the lawyer, 'What goes
    >> up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?'
    >>
    >> The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he
    >> can find on the Net.
    >>
    >> He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows; all to
    >> no avail. After an hour of searching, he finally gives up.
    >>
    >> He wakes the senior and hands him $500. The senior pockets
    >> the $500 and goes right back to sleep.
    >>
    >> The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes
    >> the senior up and asks, 'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs
    >> and comes down with four?'
    >>
    >> The senior reaches into his pocket, hands the lawyer $5,
    >> and goes back to sleep.

    > When I heard it the "lawyer" was a Baptist Pastor...
    > (I always wondered if the senior had one of those
    > yellow counterfeit-pens like they use at Macy's)
    >
    > Please get your facts correct before posting in the future.
    >
    > HTH.

    Forgot to tell you he had one, and even checks the $1.00 bills. You
    know how forgetful us Seniors are, I almost forgot what a dip you are.
    Now be off and have a grand day.

    OldGringo38, Sep 12, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    NotMe Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:19:18 -0500, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on
    >>a long flight.
    >>
    >> The lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb that he could
    >>get one over on them easy.
    >>
    >> So the lawyer asks if the senior would like to play a fun game.
    >>
    >> The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he
    >>politely declines and tries to catch a few winks.
    >>
    >> The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun. I
    >>ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only
    >>$5. Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you
    >>$500, he says.
    >>
    >> This catches the senior's attention and, to keep the lawyer
    >>quiet, he agrees to play the game.
    >>
    >> The lawyer asks the first question. 'What's the distance
    >>from the Earth to the Moon?'
    >>
    >> The senior doesn't say a word, but reaches into his pocket,
    >>pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.
    >>
    >> Now it's the senior's turn. He asks the lawyer, 'What goes
    >>up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?'
    >>
    >> The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he
    >>can find on the Net.
    >>
    >> He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows; all to
    >>no avail. After an hour of searching, he finally gives up.
    >>
    >> He wakes the senior and hands him $500. The senior pockets
    >>the $500 and goes right back to sleep.
    >>
    >> The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes
    >>the senior up and asks, 'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs
    >>and comes down with four?'
    >>
    >> The senior reaches into his pocket, hands the lawyer $5,
    >>and goes back to sleep.

    > That proves it. Lawyers ain't so smart.

    Smart enough to have several $500 as pocket change.
    NotMe, Sep 12, 2010
  10. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/12/2010 10:08 AM Just to please that super-ego, NotMe wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > "joevan"<> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:19:18 -0500, OldGringo38
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on
    >>> a long flight.
    >>>
    >>> The lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb that he could
    >>> get one over on them easy.
    >>>
    >>> So the lawyer asks if the senior would like to play a fun game.
    >>>
    >>> The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he
    >>> politely declines and tries to catch a few winks.
    >>>
    >>> The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun. I
    >>> ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only
    >>> $5. Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you
    >>> $500, he says.
    >>>
    >>> This catches the senior's attention and, to keep the lawyer
    >>> quiet, he agrees to play the game.
    >>>
    >>> The lawyer asks the first question. 'What's the distance
    >> >from the Earth to the Moon?'
    >>>
    >>> The senior doesn't say a word, but reaches into his pocket,
    >>> pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.
    >>>
    >>> Now it's the senior's turn. He asks the lawyer, 'What goes
    >>> up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?'
    >>>
    >>> The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he
    >>> can find on the Net.
    >>>
    >>> He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows; all to
    >>> no avail. After an hour of searching, he finally gives up.
    >>>
    >>> He wakes the senior and hands him $500. The senior pockets
    >>> the $500 and goes right back to sleep.
    >>>
    >>> The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes
    >>> the senior up and asks, 'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs
    >>> and comes down with four?'
    >>>
    >>> The senior reaches into his pocket, hands the lawyer $5,
    >>> and goes back to sleep.

    >> That proves it. Lawyers ain't so smart.

    > Smart enough to have several $500 as pocket change.

    Maybe he's a drug dealer or robbed a bank, no smarts required. <g>

    OldGringo38, Sep 12, 2010
  11. richard <> via

    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:08:26 -0500, NotMe wrote:
    >
    >> "joevan" <> wrote in message

    >>> That proves it. Lawyers ain't so smart.

    >> Smart enough to have several $500 as pocket change.

    > Hell, I know a guy who always had $2,500 in his pocket. As he was the
    > owner of a well known mattress company.
    > When he went on trips, he always wanted someone else to do the driving.
    > If you left home with him and had only five bucks in your pocket, you'd
    > have that five bucks when you got home.

    *You* would probably have the hemmoroids too if you're not carful.

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 12, 2010