"SendToNotepad" text collector extension? what was it called?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by S.Rodgers, Mar 7, 2005.

  1. S.Rodgers

    S.Rodgers Guest

    When I first started using Firefox, someone in an ng or on the forum
    kindly provided the name for an extension that would allow one to
    collect text via the context menu. The "sendtonotepad" option was
    there and what would happen is that text would get appended to a text
    file created on the desktop. The desktop file was always called
    "FirefoxSendToData.txt" and the URL of the saved text would be
    displayed.

    I did an hdd wipe/re-install and then upgraded to FF v1.0 but I've
    found that I can't find that extension. It's one that I didn't save,
    somehow.

    Does anyone know/remember what that extension was called? I spend an
    hour or more yesterday going through all the extensions on the
    extensions for dl page but didn't have any luck finding it. I can't
    remember the name, otherwise I would have found it by now.

    Thanks much!

    S.Rodgers, Mar 7, 2005

  2. S.Rodgers

    MLC Guest

    _S.Rodgers_, lunedì 07/mar/2005:

    > When I first started using Firefox, someone in an ng or on the forum
    > kindly provided the name for an extension that would allow one to
    > collect text via the context menu. The "sendtonotepad" option was
    > there and what would happen is that text would get appended to a text
    > file created on the desktop. The desktop file was always called
    > "FirefoxSendToData.txt" and the URL of the saved text would be
    > displayed.
    >
    > I did an hdd wipe/re-install and then upgraded to FF v1.0 but I've
    > found that I can't find that extension. It's one that I didn't save,
    > somehow.
    >
    > Does anyone know/remember what that extension was called? I spend an
    > hour or more yesterday going through all the extensions on the
    > extensions for dl page but didn't have any luck finding it. I can't
    > remember the name, otherwise I would have found it by now.
    >
    > Thanks much!

    It's "Send To":
    http://mfe.gorgias.de/

    I love it me too :)
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 07/03/2005 15.57.20

    MLC, Mar 7, 2005

  3. S.Rodgers

    S.Rodgers Guest

    On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:59:54 GMT, MLC <>
    wrote:

    >_S.Rodgers_, lunedì 07/mar/2005:
    >
    >> When I first started using Firefox, someone in an ng or on the forum
    >> kindly provided the name for an extension that would allow one to
    >> collect text via the context menu. The "sendtonotepad" option was
    >> there and what would happen is that text would get appended to a text
    >> file created on the desktop. The desktop file was always called
    >> "FirefoxSendToData.txt" and the URL of the saved text would be
    >> displayed.
    >>
    >> I did an hdd wipe/re-install and then upgraded to FF v1.0 but I've
    >> found that I can't find that extension. It's one that I didn't save,
    >> somehow.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know/remember what that extension was called? I spend an
    >> hour or more yesterday going through all the extensions on the
    >> extensions for dl page but didn't have any luck finding it. I can't
    >> remember the name, otherwise I would have found it by now.
    >>
    >> Thanks much!

    >It's "Send To":
    >http://mfe.gorgias.de/
    >
    >I love it me too :)
    >--
    >Maria Luisa C - 07/03/2005 15.57.20

    Hallelujah!! YES!! That's it. Installed and it's working now.
    Already used it a few times <g>!

    S.Rodgers, Mar 8, 2005