Sendto Shortcut not displaying in LISTED items

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Corey, Jan 9, 2009.

  1. Corey

    Corey Guest

    I have opened up the Sendto folder where the items that are available when
    you Right Click a file etc are listed, and created a New item.
    The new item is a New email shortcut from Outlook(2003).
    The icon appears in the Sendto folder, and works if i double click it.
    BUT, if i navigate to any picture or document, and right click on it and
    select Sendto, the New Shortcut is NOT listed.
    How can i get this to work.
    The idea is that the Send to mail Recipient does not default to mail in
    HTML, and add a signature, but an Outlook New Mail shortcut will, but i
    cannot seem to get it to be in the Sendto list.
    I have removed other options previopusly listed, and they are now gone, i
    can also place a mspaint shortcut in the Sendto folder, and it works, but
    the Outlook New Mail shortcut will NOT show up in the list.
    I tried Right clicking on the desktop and selecting New>Shortcut.
    In the dialog box i put, mailto:
    then next and called it "Send item via Email".
    Dragged and dropped it to the Sendto folder.
    But it also would not be displayed in the Sentto list.
    Tried the steps here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310270&Product=winxp
    Using XP and Office 2003
    Any idea's on a fix, or what i am doing wrong?

    Corey....

    Corey, Jan 9, 2009

  2. I'm sorry, but you appear to have stumbled in to the wrong newsgroup. This
    is the 64bit newsgroup, where we are focused on issues specific to the
    various 64-bit Windows versions. From your post, I suspect you probably
    wanted an XP specific newsgroup, probably
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize or microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 9, 2009