    context menu in xp corp?

    Thanks
    Terry

    Terry, Feb 7, 2008

  2. Terry

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Terry" wrote in message
    news:p...
    > Would someone know how to make "sendto" appear in the right click
    > context menu in xp corp?

    "xp corp"
    Uh huh. That says you "acquired" a Corporate Edition of Windows XP.
    No such version. Someone sliced out a license from a volume licensed
    version and sold it off which is illegal. All licenses within a
    volume license are to be retained within the organization that
    purchased the volume license. So you bought or otherwise acquired an
    illegal version.

    VanguardLH, Feb 8, 2008

  3. Terry

    doS Guest

    evidently the sendto dumbass replies works...

    doS, Feb 8, 2008
  4. Terry

    G. Morgan Guest

    Terry wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >Would someone know how to make "sendto" appear in the right click
    >context menu in xp corp?

    Paste the following between the lines in notepad and name it 'sento.reg' , then
    double click it to run it.

    ---------------

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
    @="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

    ---------------

    --

    -G

    G. Morgan, Feb 8, 2008
  5. Terry

    Terry Guest

    On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:16:26 -0600, "VanguardLH" <> wrote:

    >"Terry" wrote in message
    >> Would someone know how to make "sendto" appear in the right click
    >> context menu in xp corp?

    >"xp corp"
    >Uh huh. That says you "acquired" a Corporate Edition of Windows XP.
    >No such version. Someone sliced out a license from a volume licensed
    >version and sold it off which is illegal. All licenses within a
    >volume license are to be retained within the organization that
    >purchased the volume license. So you bought or otherwise acquired an
    >illegal version.

    Just to satisfy your evil thoughts, I'm doing this at work.

    Terry, Feb 8, 2008
  6. Terry

    Terry Guest

    On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 01:48:04 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan
    <> wrote:

    >Terry wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>Would someone know how to make "sendto" appear in the right click
    >>context menu in xp corp?

    >Paste the following between the lines in notepad and name it 'sento.reg' , then
    >double click it to run it.
    >
    >---------------
    >
    >Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    >
    >[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
    >@="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

    thank you, you are a gentleman

    Terry

    Terry, Feb 8, 2008
  7. Terry

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Terry" wrote in message

    > "VanguardLH" wrote:
    >
    >>"Terry" wrote ...
    >>> Would someone know how to make "sendto" appear in the right click
    >>> context menu in xp corp?

    >> "xp corp"
    >> Uh huh. That says you "acquired" a Corporate Edition of Windows
    >> XP.
    >> No such version. Someone sliced out a license from a volume
    >> licensed
    >> version and sold it off which is illegal. All licenses within a
    >> volume license are to be retained within the organization that
    >> purchased the volume license. So you bought or otherwise acquired
    >> an
    >> illegal version.

    > Just to satisfy your evil thoughts, I'm doing this at work.

    From your headers:

    Surely how a company wants to identify themself, uh huh.

    From a Gartner report of anti-virus market shares with Symantec
    (53.6%), McAfee (18.8%), Trend (13.8%), Panda (3.2%), and CA (2.2%)
    occupying 91.6% of that market, and with Avast relegated to sharing
    the "other" category of 8.5% (so Avast's penetration is something less
    than that), more likely this is a consumer host using Avast free.

    Sure you doing this from work, uh huh. That's why you didn't bother
    to ask your own IT folks to correct the problem, or have them issue
    one of their trouble tickets with Microsoft, or they didn't bother to
    first search Microsoft's support knowledgebase, like reading the
    article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203915/en-us (which was
    what Morgan had you do via a .reg file), or check Kelly's Korner
    (http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm), or post into the MVP
    mailing list for help, or just Google for it. Some pretty dumb IT
    folks you have at work.

    VanguardLH, Feb 8, 2008
  8. Terry

    Terry Guest

    On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:34:35 -0600, "VanguardLH" <> wrote:

    >"Terry" wrote in message
    >>
    >> "VanguardLH" wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Terry" wrote ...
    >>>
    >>> "xp corp"
    >>> Uh huh. That says you "acquired" a Corporate Edition of Windows
    >>> XP.
    >>> No such version. Someone sliced out a license from a volume
    >>> licensed
    >>> version and sold it off which is illegal. All licenses within a
    >>> volume license are to be retained within the organization that
    >>> purchased the volume license. So you bought or otherwise acquired
    >>> an
    >>> illegal version.

    >> Just to satisfy your evil thoughts, I'm doing this at work.

    >From your headers:

    >Surely how a company wants to identify themself, uh huh.

    >From a Gartner report of anti-virus market shares with Symantec
    >(53.6%), McAfee (18.8%), Trend (13.8%), Panda (3.2%), and CA (2.2%)
    >occupying 91.6% of that market, and with Avast relegated to sharing
    >the "other" category of 8.5% (so Avast's penetration is something less
    >than that), more likely this is a consumer host using Avast free.
    >
    >Sure you doing this from work, uh huh. That's why you didn't bother
    >to ask your own IT folks to correct the problem, or have them issue
    >one of their trouble tickets with Microsoft, or they didn't bother to
    >first search Microsoft's support knowledgebase, like reading the
    >article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203915/en-us (which was
    >what Morgan had you do via a .reg file), or check Kelly's Korner
    >(http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm), or post into the MVP
    >mailing list for help, or just Google for it. Some pretty dumb IT
    >folks you have at work.

    Ahhhh, they warned me about feeding trolls and I just didn't listen,
    sorry.

    Terry, Feb 8, 2008