    something I get an error message saying "SendPix object could not initialize
    the Plug-In-Manager". Can anybody pls tell me - in really simple steps -
    what I need to do to fix this?
    Louise, Jan 5, 2004

  2. On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:31:00 +1100, "Louise" <>
    said:

    > I have ACDSee 3.1 software installed. It has a function on it called SendPix
    > which should allow me to send photos via the web. Whenever I try to send
    > something I get an error message saying "SendPix object could not initialize
    > the Plug-In-Manager". Can anybody pls tell me - in really simple steps -
    > what I need to do to fix this?

    I waited awhile to see if you got any good answers. I
    haven't seen any answers at all, so I would like to at least
    make what could be a pretty good guess.

    Your version of ACDSee is quite old; the latest is version
    6. I don't know what version of Windows you're running, but
    it seems quite possible that ACDSee version 3.1 can't be
    expected to run properly under it.

    I have a similar problem with a couple of programs since I
    switched from Windows 98 to Windows XP. I've had to get new
    versions of the programs to get them to work under Windows
    XP.

    I suggest that you post again, this time saying what
    operating system you're trying to get ACDSee 3.1 to work
    with. Do you have any information about what version of
    Windows ACDSee 3.1 has worked with before?

    If I were in your shoes, I might ask the specific question
    "Is anyone out there using ACDSee 3.1? If so, what version
    of Windows are you using it with?"

    Another suggestion would be -- as a test -- to download
    ACDSee Version 6 for a 30-day free trial. If SendPix works
    with it, that will be a clue. And, who knows, maybe
    downloading version 6.1 will get you some plug-ins, or a
    plug-in manager, that will make version 3.1 work for you.

    You might even decide you like version 6 enough to buy it,
    although there seem to be quite a few people who don't like
    it as much as they like older versions.

    I had problems with version 6 at first, but I'm liking it
    more and more as time goes by.

    You can download the free trial of version 6 at
    http://www.acdsystems.com/english/products/ACDSee/ ,
    clicking on "Free Trial".
    Bob Cunningham, Jan 6, 2004