    and I am trying to send a text message to a friend who is in France. The
    text will not send and I'm wondering if I need to add 44 or someting to the
    number. The number is a 0707 number if that makes any difference.

    eugene, Apr 1, 2008

  2. eugene

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    eugene wrote:
    > Hi folks, off topic maybe but can anyone offer a solution. I am in
    > Ireland and I am trying to send a text message to a friend who is in
    > France. The text will not send and I'm wondering if I need to add 44 or
    > someting to the number. The number is a 0707 number if that makes any
    > difference.

    44 is the country code for the UK so that won't work. The country code
    for France is 33 so try +33 or 033 followed by the number with the
    leading 0 dropped.

    If however the the mobile you are calling is a UK mobile that is
    currently in France then use the 44 country code.

    If neither of those work, write a letter or come back in here with more
    detail.

    Desk Rabbit, Apr 2, 2008

  3. eugene

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:13:24 +0100, eugene wrote:

    > Hi folks, off topic maybe but can anyone offer a solution. I am in
    > Ireland and I am trying to send a text message to a friend who is in
    > France. The text will not send and I'm wondering if I need to add 44 or
    > someting to the number. The number is a 0707 number if that makes any
    > difference.

    Every country has an international dialling code (like 44 for the UK
    etc). The country code for France is 33. If the number you are dialling
    is 0707-something in France then remove the initial zero and replace it
    with the country code ie 33 707-something.

    More information here:

    http://www.kftv.com/infozone/general/int-dialling.asp

    HTH

    A fellow Irishman
    :)
    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com

    Aardvark, Apr 2, 2008
  4. eugene

    eugene Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:13:24 +0100, eugene wrote:
    >
    >> Hi folks, off topic maybe but can anyone offer a solution. I am in
    >> Ireland and I am trying to send a text message to a friend who is in
    >> France. The text will not send and I'm wondering if I need to add 44 or
    >> someting to the number. The number is a 0707 number if that makes any
    >> difference.

    > Every country has an international dialling code (like 44 for the UK
    > etc). The country code for France is 33. If the number you are dialling
    > is 0707-something in France then remove the initial zero and replace it
    > with the country code ie 33 707-something.
    >
    > More information here:
    >
    > http://www.kftv.com/infozone/general/int-dialling.asp
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > A fellow Irishman
    > :)
    > --
    > Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    > http://www.liverpool08.com

    thanks guys, the 33 prefix appears to have worked

    eugene, Apr 2, 2008