    and I have tried both 0034650836xxx and +34650836xxx

    Every time the Sipgate web page tells me that the number is invalid.
    Anyone got any ideas?

    Gul Dukat, Apr 10, 2006

  2. Gul Dukat <> wrote:

    >Has anyone had any success in sending an SMS message to a Spanish
    >mobile from their Sipgate web pages on their account? I have plenty of
    >credit and can call foreign numbers fine.
    >
    >The number is standard Spanish mobile 650 836xxx
    >
    >and I have tried both 0034650836xxx and +34650836xxx
    >
    >Every time the Sipgate web page tells me that the number is invalid.
    >Anyone got any ideas?

    I send text messages to two Spanish mobiles regularly. Both
    are on Vodafone-ES and the numbers are 0034 617 567 xxx
    and 0034 627 165 xxx.

    Mike @ www.zd8i.net, Apr 10, 2006

  3. Gul Dukat

    Gul Dukat Guest

    On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:55:12 +0100, "Mike @ www.zd8i.net" <Mike @
    www.zd8i.net> wrote:

    >I send text messages to two Spanish mobiles regularly. Both
    >are on Vodafone-ES and the numbers are 0034 617 567 xxx
    >and 0034 627 165 xxx.

    Thanks Mike. I have now tried another Spanish mobile with a 0034 649
    xxxxxx number and this is failing also. I think the 650 prefix is
    Movistar and I'm guessing that 649 might be as well. It's getting a
    bit late now (in Spain) to be sending test messages so I'll try again
    tomorrow. I have dropped an email to Sipgate support as I'm fairly
    certain that nothing is wrong here.

    If you do manage to get a message to send in the next 24 hours or so,
    perhaps you could report here?

    Thanks.

    Gul Dukat, Apr 10, 2006
  4. Re: Re: Sending SMS from Sipgate to Spanish mobile - fails constantly

    Gul Dukat <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:55:12 +0100, "Mike @ www.zd8i.net" <Mike @
    >www.zd8i.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I send text messages to two Spanish mobiles regularly. Both
    >>are on Vodafone-ES and the numbers are 0034 617 567 xxx
    >>and 0034 627 165 xxx.

    >Thanks Mike. I have now tried another Spanish mobile with a 0034 649
    >xxxxxx number and this is failing also. I think the 650 prefix is
    >Movistar and I'm guessing that 649 might be as well. It's getting a
    >bit late now (in Spain) to be sending test messages so I'll try again
    >tomorrow. I have dropped an email to Sipgate support as I'm fairly
    >certain that nothing is wrong here.
    >
    >If you do manage to get a message to send in the next 24 hours or so,
    >perhaps you could report here?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Just sent one to both numbers (8:10am 11/04/2006) and had replies
    within a couple of minutes.

    Mike.

    Mike @ www.zd8i.net, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Gul Dukat

    paul123 Guest

    Gul Dukat wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:55:12 +0100, "Mike @ www.zd8i.net" <Mike @
    > www.zd8i.net> wrote:
    >
    > >I send text messages to two Spanish mobiles regularly. Both
    > >are on Vodafone-ES and the numbers are 0034 617 567 xxx
    > >and 0034 627 165 xxx.

    > Thanks Mike. I have now tried another Spanish mobile with a 0034 649
    > xxxxxx number and this is failing also. I think the 650 prefix is
    > Movistar and I'm guessing that 649 might be as well. It's getting a
    > bit late now (in Spain) to be sending test messages so I'll try again
    > tomorrow. I have dropped an email to Sipgate support as I'm fairly
    > certain that nothing is wrong here.
    >
    > If you do manage to get a message to send in the next 24 hours or so,
    > perhaps you could report here?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Just to add a note on those prefixes. Since number portability was
    introduced the prefix is no longer a sure-fire way of saying which
    operator the number goes through. An example is my wife's mobile -
    prefix 629 which was Movistar, but is now a vodafone-es number.

    The issue in this case, however, looks suspiciously like a(nother)
    Sipgate thang.

    paul123, Apr 11, 2006
  6. Gul Dukat

    Gul Dukat Guest

    On 11 Apr 2006 01:52:26 -0700, "paul123" <> wrote:

    >Just to add a note on those prefixes. Since number portability was
    >introduced the prefix is no longer a sure-fire way of saying which
    >operator the number goes through. An example is my wife's mobile -
    >prefix 629 which was Movistar, but is now a vodafone-es number.
    >
    >The issue in this case, however, looks suspiciously like a(nother)
    >Sipgate thang.

    You are right. Whilst portability isn't used quite as much in Spain as
    in the UK, it is possible that 650 and 649 prefixes are no longer on
    the Movistar network. In my case however, I do know that the two
    people I tried (650 and 649) are still both on Movistar.

    Last night I tried a text to another friend who is on Vodafone Es with
    a prefix of 627. This worked perfectly.

    So it does look like there is a Sipgate problem in sending text to
    either the Movistar network or to Movistar prefixes. Thanks for the
    help..

    Gul Dukat, Apr 11, 2006
  7. Gul Dukat

    blueplatinum

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    I have exactly the same problem when texting to Movistars from Sipgate. Two of the numbers have been ported from Vodfone. I have tried both the 606 and 661 prefixes. Maybe Sipgate dont have an agreement with Movistar ... I remember when international texting first came out (and Movistar was then the only Spanish network I think) it took years before you could send text from a UK network to Spain at all.

    blueplatinum, May 30, 2007