Sending Problem in my Yahoo.ca POP3 with Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by zomi, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. zomi

    zomi Guest

    SENDING PROBLEM
    in my Yahoo.ca POP3 using Outlook Express

    The problem has begun since two days ago. When I send out an email using
    Outlook Express, giving myself a copy, I receive my copy only after about
    five hours. That means the addressee also receives my email only after five
    hours. The email is in the Sent Items folder, but nothing happens before
    about five hours later. Too long!

    There is no error message. The problem is that lengthy interval between
    sending and receiving.

    When I send out an email from the Yahoo.ca web (using either Internet
    Explorer or Firefox), giving myself a copy, I receive my copy in one second
    or even in half a second, if I click Check Mail.

    I use Outlook Express to send out email and to post messages. I use the web
    mail only when there is the absolute need to.

    What do I need to do to be able to send out email and receive my copy almost
    immediately (and the addressees receive my email very soon)?

    zomi, Aug 24, 2005

  2. zomi

    zomi Guest

    UPDATE:

    Using Outlook Express, I sent out one test email [Subject: Speed] at
    2:22:46 am (Eastern Daylight Saving Time) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005. I
    got a copy at 6:39:44 am, that is, 4 hours 17 minutes 58 seconds later.

    I sent out another test email [Subject: Sola] at 6:21:18 am on Wednesday,
    August 24, 2005. I have not yet got a copy at the time of this posting.

    On the contrary, I sent out a test email from the Yahoo.ca website at
    12:47:59 pm on Wednesday, August 24, 2005. I got a copy at the same time:
    12:47:59 pm.

    microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:05 PM
    Subject: Sending Problem in my Yahoo.ca POP3 with Outlook Express

    zomi, Aug 24, 2005

  3. zomi

    Bruce Hagen Guest

    Does the time show reflect the time it was sent, or received. I believe you
    will find this is a problem with your ISP. You say the message shows up in
    Sent Items right away. The message will not show up in Sent Items unless it
    was successfully received by your ISP. I can't see how this is an OE issue.
    Perhaps your ISP is having a problem. Mine (Cox Communications) did about a
    year ago and mail was delayed much longer that yours.
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

    Bruce Hagen, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Take a look at one of the delayed message that you got back in the
    Inbox. Look at its Message Source (Ctrl-F3) to see the headers. You
    are interested in the Received headers.

    There should be one or more of these lines. Each mail server that the
    message passes through inserts one of these. The bottom most Received
    header is when the message entered the system. That is, when your ISP
    receive the original message from you. If that has the correct time
    that you sent the message, then it confirms that any delay was at your
    ISP.

    Michael Santovec, Aug 24, 2005
  5. zomi

    Angel Guest